New Jeeper

New Jeeper

Toby

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5 258 3spd 17,700 original miles
Hey, I'm new to the craze. Got the bug bad. Just wanting some input on new spring shackles. Looking at Daystar greaseable ones. I want to know if I need to put longer ones on the rear to level my CJ5. What will this do to my pinion angle? Is there something different that is better to do? I want to keep 31"10-50" tires on it don't want to lift up high or anything.

Welcome aboard :chug: longer shackles on the rear springs will help your pinion angle unless you have something funny going on...I would put angle finder to make sure when your done

you are going to just use the shackles on the rear, do not worry as the small degree of change will not affect things that much to worry about.

shouldnt effect anything. just so you can see. i have a about 3" lift between my 2.5" lift and shackles and i have 31s. heres a pic.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks