Misc. New CJ Help

my only concern is the rapid price drop and willing to go lower without u even asking. otherwise from what I can see its a solid jeep and even at 2600 well worth it.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Is it green? I couldn’t tell...... LMAO

It appears you have newish front springs, but the rears are tired. See how flat they are? And it’s currently spring over axle for added lift. Factory put the springs under the axles...... if you go back to smaller tires, it’s gonna sit pretty high. Not to mention the spring over setup adds to the top heaviness. I don’t see any rot any where...... appears pretty solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my only concern is the rapid price drop and willing to go lower without u even asking. otherwise from what I can see its a solid jeep and even at 2600 well worth it.

according to him he has too many toys. he said he bought a 77 corvette recently has a hummer another truck, some other car. he said his wife is making him get rid of stuff. he also said he's an older guy (which he is) and has knee problems and diabetes. i know people who know him so I don't believe it is any kind of shady deal. he claims to have bought it for 2k and put 6k (mostly labor i think) into it. i asked him why he was willing to take a massive loss on it and he said he doesn't have a choice. the first time I called him, i could hear his wife in the background just laying into him about the jeep (weird right?)

i trust him, but then again, I trust people first until they burn me. the guys who worked on it i also know and even though they haven't replied back to my emails yet, they are good guys. i just don't see any shady dealings here. but i guess ya never know.

I offered $2400 and he accepted.

BOUGHT MYSELF A JEEP! WOOO HOOO! Going to be a great weekend!

Well, that’s it...... you’re doomed. You have been assimilated.

Well, that’s it...... you’re doomed. You have been assimilated.

one of us one of us one of us

Well I see how he got the lift SOA, that gives about 4 to 5" without lift springs. I thought 73 had a Dana 44 with an offset not an AMC20 without offset. That doesn't look to be the case here. Also the frame is boxed which wasn't the case in 73. I would check to see if a partial vin is stamped on top of the frame above the right rear wheel, I believe that showed up around 76.

Oops, the offset went away in 71. However the D 44 was relaced in 76 for the AMC20.

they used the offset AMC20 for the CJ7 with the qudra trac

Please tell me you have one piece axles in there?

Also, darn green!!!!!!!

img_3077-jpg.74001
By the looks of his first pic you can see the dust cap, I'm guess no.

Are you guys suggesting it's possibly not a 73? No big deal, but here is the VIN, what do you think it is?

J6FS3EH046262

Here is the picture, I can't tell if the "0" is a O or a D very well. Looks to be maybe an O instead of a 0

IMG_3103.JPG

Well, according to your vin it a 76.
J- jeep
6- 1976
3- 3spd
83- CJ5
E-4,150
H-304 v8

The frame wasn't fully boxed until 75 or 76 I believe, was my clue and the AMC20 diff.

What does your title say?

More codes
P1- Classic black, paint color
1HF- bucket seats, black, wellington vinyl

The zero is the beginning of the serial number in the vin.

Man - I was really hoping the green was factory.......

That would have been good color choice for the 70s and maybe avocado too.

What does your title say?

More codes
P1- Classic black, paint color
1HF- bucket seats, black, wellington vinyl

The zero is the beginning of the serial number in the vin.
I don’t have the title yet, that will happen next week.

That's not a 73 CJ5. See what the drivers side tag on the dash says. The dash frame and rear end tell me that . It looks like a late 70s wide track.
If you get it replace your radiator back to a stock V8 radiator with the lower hose on the drivers side. That hose hanging down looks like big trouble. The rear end I believe is a AMC20 not a Dana 44 which is a great rear end. The front end most likely has 5 bolt hubs instead of the 6 bolt hubs used on the earlier jeeps.
For $2500 or so it looks like a good start. IMG_7470.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom