New Carburetor which one to get ?

New Carburetor which one to get ?

G eagle78

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 CJ5, AMC 360
Was wondering which carb would be better. Holley 670 or 770 and would 4bbl be better than a 2bbl ? Its going on AMC 360 v8 5.9 L .

What are you aiming for?
More HP, factory condition, better mileage, easy availability...?

What mods have been done to the engine? What do you have on it now?
LG

Was wondering which carb would be better. Holley 670 or 770 and would 4bbl be better than a 2bbl ? Its going on AMC 360 v8 5.9 L .

this question is a fairly broad question that you need to drill down further to get the best answer. I will add to the above what intake?

I think that if you are looking for good reliable carburetor stick with the Motorcarft 2bbl that came on the 360 would be best all around carb for a Jeep. If you want some more performance swapping to an Edelbrock intake with a 2bbl adapter and a large bore Motorcraft 2bbl from a motor like a 390 would be pretty good

if you have a mild/stock engine the 670. If you are going for more performance and have the intake/cam/exhaust to back it up the 770 would be the one to get.

Holleys have an issue with the fuel vent location in the float bowl and have a plastic tube that you can buy to keep the fuel from rushing up and out the float bowl when you are going up an incline

I currently have a Holley 650 4160 with side hung floats and have converted the secondary's to the 4150 style removable jets :chug: cant wait to get it on the road with it

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks