Need new parking brake cables

Need new parking brake cables

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
Looking for new parking brake cables. Local store can get the rear left and that's it. RockAuto has the rear left and right.

I'm looking for any recommendations for cables that are not Omix or Crown, and any tips that would help with swapping them out.

Thanks

Omix and Crown are nothing but junk. Your best bet is to hit the local upullit and adapt with ingenuity. Good luck.

Have you tried NAPA. I found them on NAPA online.

Have you tried NAPA. I found them on NAPA online.

I checked Napa and they have both the rear cables so I'll be ordering from them and I think I'm going to have to do that one thing we all hate and order from Omix to get the one front cable, but I'm going to try to save the original hoping it just needs to be cleaned and lubed.

I checked Napa and they have both the rear cables so I'll be ordering from them and I think I'm going to have to do that one thing we all hate and order from Omix to get the one front cable, but I'm going to try to save the original hoping it just needs to be cleaned and lubed.

Who knows, cables are a pretty simple part, maybe the Chinee have figured out how to make them pretty well.

Got the left and front from Omix. Right Rough Country and neither are quite right. Have it adjusted almost all the way already and the brake still won’t hold on a slope.

I'm looking for any recommendations for cables that are not Omix or Crown, and any tips that would help with swapping them out.
Check with Inline Tube (Michigan Company). They fabricated a custom parking brake cable (pedal to adjuster) for me, as I need one slightly longer than OEM.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks