Electrical Need a Battery

Electrical Need a Battery

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
Battery shop says they don't have a battery to fit my '79 CJ5. What are the alternatives these days? What are you guys using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just about any full size battery works but it is at least a group 24. I always get one with both top and side mount terminals because I always separate all my accessory wires (but that is just me.) Just make sure the + and - are on the correct sides.

Battery shop says they don't have a battery to fit my '79 CJ5. What are the alternatives these days? What are you guys using?

Time for a new battery shop.

Optima red top 9004-003. Has both top and side mount terminals, 800 CCA, and it's an AGM style battery. The red top 9002-002 is the same but top posts only - about $20 cheaper. If needing a deep cycle, use the Optima yellow top 9014-045. The yellow top 9012-021 is the same but top posts only.

The Super Start group 56 is what many parts stores should have (Autozone, O'Reilley, Advance Auto, etc). Also a Duralast 56-DL or Duralast Gold Group 24.

Thanks gang!!

Thanks gang!!

AGM is the way! You can measure the battery tray and go from there, dont let the counter monkey say nothing will fit based on the computer. Oh ya and when they say its engine size related ignore them, get the most cold cranking amps you can fit on the tray.

Battery • Interstate MT-56. They sometimes have seconds for up to half off. I've never had a problem, but then my '86 CJ7 (258 IL6) runs fairly stock.

Interstate also. I guess the MT number is months ? Been a good battery so far. Free my buddy gave me. He certifies lux cars. 26598B9E-1682-4FF8-8A1F-60E775735371.jpeg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom