Build Thread my first jeep

Build Thread my first jeep

dfishman3940

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
jus got a 84 cj7 to day and now its time to build
:chug: ok im 50 and yesterday i finly got a jeep it a CJ7 1984 6 in lift mud tiers 33 and a in line 6
4 speed trans now what do i do any advice is welcom

Welcome to the site
:ww:
6 inch lift for 33 inch tires? How was that done? Post some pictures.
BTW where is Kankakee?

Its hard to tell without pics, but you need to lose about 4" off that lift if you are going to stick with 33" tires. OR you could upgrade to 35"-ish tires. But they will put you at the breaking point of your axles, so you could upgrade those. But then the engine starts to suffer, so in goes a more powerful powerplant. Then the transmission is the weak link, so what happens? It gets a stronger one installed.
It never ends...
SO to start with, how about some pics? and a good idea of what you are planning to do with your new C? Will it be a daily driver, light off road trails, a mud runner (my favorite), heavy duty trail rider, rock crawler, weekend warrior, ect? Do you want it street legal or do you have access to a tow rig to get it to the trails?

Not trying to scare you off, just trying to save you time, $$ and frustration when you re-start your build cause you got the wrong start.
Let us know your plans and we can help steer you down the road/trail you want to be on.

Welcome!

You need to figure out what you want to do with your Jeep and then build accordingly. It may take years to figure out what you want to do with your Jeep. So many options. Mall crawler to rock climbing. And everything in between.

Put some pics on and let's see what you found.

As everyone else said, how you build your jeep depends on how your going to use it.
There's lots of options (from stock to wild) and everyone has there opion of what makes a great cj.:)

Welcome!

You need to figure out what you want to do with your Jeep and then build accordingly. It may take years to figure out what you want to do with your Jeep. So many options. Mall crawler to rock climbing. And everything in between.

Isn't that the truth. In almost 20 years, I've changed build-directions so many times with this Jeep I think Im back to the beginning :D

welcome to the site! are you from kankakee il.? if so I"m around the Bloomington area. About 45 min. south. I do alot of diving up there. :ww:post some pics of the rig!

Let's see some pictures! The guys on this site have great advice and tips and hints ect so don't hesitate to shoot us a question. Also take pictures of everything you do because we always love pict

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom