Build Thread My 350 V8 swap in CJ7

Build Thread My 350 V8 swap in CJ7
Thanks! Also wanted to mention a must for this conversion. I purchased a 2450CFM fan from the fan man and got rid of the belt drivin fan. You will need to do this if you plan on any offroading at low speeds, even with my aluminium Griffin race radiator, just not enough air. I put it on a manual switch on the dash and an inline 35 amp fuse and a 35 amp relay (only because at start up the fan pull over 22 amps). Works like a charm!:D

Fixed the non-starting issue! I did a test of three things. Fuel, spark and compression. Turns out I wasn't getting spark. I chased it back to a bad ignition coil. Purchased a new one and some new plugs, back to running great!

I'm getting rid of the fiberglass tilt nose and putting on steel. More pics to come soon.

I'm getting rid of the fiberglass tilt nose and putting on steel. More pics to come soon.

I've thought about the same thing. The one-piece tilt is kinda a love-hate relationship with me.
Glad to hear it's runn'n good again.:chug:

Me too, I love to hate it! It does make it easy to work on though. The trick is going to be attaching the steel fenders to the cheep fiberglass tub. I would love to get a whole new tub, but I cant find one. Anyway, I'll start with the front end and see how it goes. Keep you......posted? Hahaha! Anyway, thanks for commenting on the thread.

OldDog, What year is your 350 TBI? I have a 84' Gen1 350 and would like to look into a TBI set up. Could I pull one from a junkyard and make it work? I know they sell them, but for $1400+ I'm willing to look for other options than all new.

Howell sells one for your 350.Just got off the phone with them about one.Their are a few JY install links out there too on these also
Mike

OldDog, What year is your 350 TBI? I have a 84' Gen1 350 and would like to look into a TBI set up. Could I pull one from a junkyard and make it work? I know they sell them, but for $1400+ I'm willing to look for other options than all new.

Mines a gen 1 crate engine, with the howell set up. I don't think a junkyard setup would be hard to do though.
Like you said the tilt front end is nice when you have to work on it, but it's a pain when all you want to do check to oil.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom