Memorial day

Memorial day

coldwater

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
04 Grand, Dodge 2500 CTD, 78 CJ7
It's memorial day weekend I hope that everyone enjoys their little extra time off. Maybe a cook out, have some family and a few buddies over for some dogs and cold beers, tinker with the Jeep, maybe go for a ride in it, if it's running! But try to take a few moments to remember this holiday, and whay we call it Memorial day. remember those that stand to battle, and offered themselves on our behalf, never even knowing us. If you're so inclined, as I am, offer a prayer of thanks that we live in a land where heroes rise to meet the task with unfailing duty, honor, courage, valor, and mercy. It's at this time, I am most proud of my country, and mostly, It's heroes.

My father is in his late 80s, he is a veteran of both WWII and Vietnam. On days like today I especially get a bit of a heart jerking thinking oh how a man could spend his life in military service, serve in 2 war zones and still believe war was wrong. I have many of his writings, I guess I was the son blessed with his memoirs, and when reading them I realized he did what he did out of duty for his country and the people living in it. He never outwardly spoke these thoughts that I know of.
I consider people like that truely those we need to remember on these weekends, Ones who did without hesitation what they knew needed to be done, whether they believed in basic principles of war or not. I truely believe we have more of these than we care to put a number too. It is what has made this country so great for so long. People who fought and people who died to protect the right of the people at home who they may not even believed in the same principles or ideas.
I have said it many times, we have to fight to preserve freedom as we know it in the USA, we are the only country in the world that stands up for the rights of those we do not even agree with. That is a beautiful thing.
My father shaped my values in more ways than I can express, God bless him and his comrades in arms.

I served in the gulf for both "wars" the old timers thank me for my service, I
say I appreciate it but if it wasn't for you and the ones who paid the ultimate sacrifice I wouldn't be here today. I say thank you and shake their hand.
We both stand a little taller, and take a minute to remember our brothers.

But of my entire career I'm most proud to have been able to pay tribute to
those who have gone by paying my respects performaning my duty as an
honor guard member.

To those who go and to those who have gone............:patriot:

i would like to say thank you for all who has served this great country. we couldnt be playing with our jeeps and everthing else we do with out you guys. :chug: :us:

As if this post didnt say it well enough your sig rings clear as well. To all those men (and women) who've kept us safe or died trying , all of our gratitude and more. :patriot:
It's memorial day weekend I hope that everyone enjoys their little extra time off. Maybe a cook out, have some family and a few buddies over for some dogs and cold beers, tinker with the Jeep, maybe go for a ride in it, if it's running! But try to take a few moments to remember this holiday, and whay we call it Memorial day. remember those that stand to battle, and offered themselves on our behalf, never even knowing us. If you're so inclined, as I am, offer a prayer of thanks that we live in a land where heroes rise to meet the task with unfailing duty, honor, courage, valor, and mercy. It's at this time, I am most proud of my country, and mostly, It's heroes.

very well put. thank you to all who serve, past and present :patriot:

Many thanks to all of you on this forum and everywhere else for your service.
My Grandson is heading out in August for his second tour.He escaped with his life on the first tour from a suicide bomber.His comrades didn't including his comanding officer.We went to their funerals in Texas and those damn military protestors were there also.I did get the pleasure of chasing one but thats about it.
When I asked him about going back the 2nd time ,he said he owed it to his brothers to help finish this war up so everyone can come back home and we can be free again.We are really proud of him and others who have served also.
Have a beer and burger and a toast for all of them this weekend.:patriot::notworthy:
Mike

Wow! Just Wow!

I lost my Father in 1966, I went through the war hate groups, nothing like that though... You are in my PRAYERS (they need to deal with it) :)

Many thanks to all of you on this forum and everywhere else for your service.
My Grandson is heading out in August for his second tour.He escaped with his life on the first tour from a suicide bomber.His comrades didn't including his comanding officer.We went to their funerals in Texas and those damn military protestors were there also.I did get the pleasure of chasing one but thats about it.
When I asked him about going back the 2nd time ,he said he owed it to his brothers to help finish this war up so everyone can come back home and we can be free again.We are really proud of him and others who have served also.
Have a beer and burger and a toast for all of them this weekend.:patriot::notworthy:
Mike

I did the first gulf war, was bombed out in the Kohbar Tower bombing in '96, got out work as a civilian for a few years joined back up Jan 2002, it was the soonest I could get back in after sep 11. Once again a civilian, working with the military as a contractor so I still keep my foot in the door, LOL.

I had to work over the weekend so the boy and I celebrated MM day a little late.
Here's some pic's, I know how you like pic's, LOL:

dsc05686.jpg

dsc05688.jpg

Toss up some pic's of your MM day if you got'em.

Wow! Just Wow!

I lost my Father in 1966, I went through the war hate groups, nothing like that though... You are in my PRAYERS (they need to deal with it) :)
Sorry for your loss CJ .I lost friends in 68-70 in war but can't imagine your Dad.Thanx for his service
Mike

This thread should be revised every year.

Thank you for all our Vets, they have all sacrificed for us! :notworthy:

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks