Marine speakers?

Marine speakers?

NM4x4

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ8 Scrambler - AMC 360, T-176, SOA YJ, Det. Locker, 411s
1982 CJ7 to CJ8 Tube Chassis conversion, LS1, Currie 60s,e etc. ongoing
1986 CJ7 Renegade - last year w/ D44s, full cage.
Has anyone installed Marine Speakers in their Jeep instead of the traditional interior types?

I am building up another jeep and was thinking of the rotted out speakers in the past that I installed in bolted down speaker boxes exposed to the elements.

Are there price, Ohm, amp combination issues? Why would this be a bad idea?

THX

Marine speakers are the same ohms (4). But - they are not water proof. They just tolerate moisture more then normal speakers.

Been using Polk marine speakers. Work well and stand up to the wet weather.

I have come to think of speakers as expendables.
I have found that spray on electronics “conforma coat” will help deal with corrosion and if I put a piece of weed cloth from the garden dept in front of the speaker that it keeps mud, water and direct sunlight from the speaker cone. I don’t know if this makes a big difference or not. I have thought of putting a pair of those wake board boat speakers on the roll bar but those are pretty expensive and perhaps a bit of an over kill even for a deaf old man.
:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks