Marine battery disconnect for winch and/or battery cutoff diagram

Marine battery disconnect for winch and/or battery cutoff diagram

furweln84

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep CJ7 258/t4/300/D30/M20
I needed to post this because after obsessing about it for the last few days it is starting to look like a foreign language and a light headache.

Got a Perko heavy duty on/off battery disconnect switch new for $45 bucks on ebay. Rated 450amp continuous and 1200 momentary/surge.
My Superwinch LP8500 draws around 320 amps at load according to Superwinch, and 84 amps at 0lbs pull.

Want to run a disconnect for the Jeep itself for when its sitting in the garage, and also want one for the winch. Obviously I'd like to use just one for cost reasons, but I was also thinking about using the Perko switch for the winch and the Painless remote disconnect for the Jeep's electrical.

Drew up two diagrams using the positive side on both, it looks right to me but wouldnt mind a second, third, fourth opinion just for peace of mind.
Sorry for the unexciting drawing, I have an ipad and the paint app sucks.
The single disconnect scenario would be all under hood.
Thanks
image_zpsdf28f1bd.png

Last edited:
I would think that the single switch would work fine. I have a smaller cutoff switch for the winch alone and it draws over 400 amps. I'm not sure why you need a cutoff switch for the starter relay though.

I would think that the single switch would work fine. I have a smaller cutoff switch for the winch alone and it draws over 400 amps. I'm not sure why you need a cutoff switch for the starter relay though.

I want to cutoff battery power to the jeep as well because it sits in the garage for long periods of time. Safety/fire hazard thing. I guess I should have labeled it better now that I look at it, by starter/IGN solenoid, I am referring to the solenoid on the fenderwell, not the solenoid on the starter itself.

For the battery cut off I would just by the terminal with the lever on the side and remove it when not using it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks