mac tools

mac tools

pauld3

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1992 Cherokee, 1976 cj5
hey guys, im a parts manager for a gm dealership and were one of the ones that gm is going to cut. so been thinking about were to go from here and the wife and i are thinking about one of the tool companys, and am wondering if anyone is or has been or knows someone with experience in the business. have just started doing some research on the subject.
not real excited about having to go back into debt, worked to hard to get out, but without selling the house and moving cant find a job that pays even close to what i make now. really tired of the bad economy and afraid that will have an impact on the tool business too.
any info would be helpful
thanks

paul

Sorry about the job, My wife has been out of work for over a year now and she interviews a lot but they seem to be picking younger less experienced people they can pay less. Seems to be a sign of the times I guess.
I hope the tool thing works out, MAC is a good line. would not mind getting a few items from you.

The tool thing can be a good thing. I have known a couple guys in the Snap on business and they do alright. It does take a while to make any money, you have to buy the franchise and it's straight commission after that, From what I understand the major source of income is the financing of tool sets, it's kind of like selling insurance.:cool:

I hope the tool thing works out, MAC is a good line. would not mind getting a few items from you.[/QUOTE]

X2 on what Baja said.

We have no tool trucks here where I live and it would be great if I could find someone that I could buy from.

Just remember that mechanics will always buy tools to make there job easier or if something they see catches there eye and just have to get it.

I know been mechanic for many years and I have tools that I don't use all the time but when I need them I have them.

Discount???:):):)

I hope the tool thing works out, MAC is a good line. would not mind getting a few items from you.

X2 on what Baja said.

We have no tool trucks here where I live and it would be great if I could find someone that I could buy from.

Just remember that mechanics will always buy tools to make there job easier or if something they see catches there eye and just have to get it.

I know been mechanic for many years and I have tools that I don't use all the time but when I need them I have them.

Discount???:):):)[/QUOTE]

how many miles of road did you say there were in Ketchikan?? you don't need a truck just a wheel barrow. cuts the overhead down considerably!!:laugh:

I would have to figure out how the put a engine on that wheel barrow. It would be a long walk into town.:D

cool your in ketchican, i was in the navy and stationed aboard the uss alaska and we had a port call in ketchican for 6 or 7 days back in 92 i think. pretty area, first time and only time i had seen a bald eagle in the wild in person.

paul

cool your in ketchican, i was in the navy and stationed aboard the uss alaska and we had a port call in ketchican for 6 or 7 days back in 92 i think. pretty area, first time and only time i had seen a bald eagle in the wild in person.

paul

Been here for about 3 years. I love it here. Were I live there is a nesting pair up in a tree that I can see form the house.

If you ever make it up here I got a beer waiting for you.:chug:

dont go mac , if you got the cash go snap-on f not go matco . i have been with mac for 5 years and it is not a good tool co .

If you can get cleared to go on base I know Snap-on is our usual gov. rep. for tools.

hey guys, im a parts manager for a gm dealership and were one of the ones that gm is going to cut. so been thinking about were to go from here and the wife and i are thinking about one of the tool companys, and am wondering if anyone is or has been or knows someone with experience in the business. have just started doing some research on the subject.
not real excited about having to go back into debt, worked to hard to get out, but without selling the house and moving cant find a job that pays even close to what i make now. really tired of the bad economy and afraid that will have an impact on the tool business too.
any info would be helpful
thanks

paul

Car repair is usually up in a bad economy, maybe a good business to be in.;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom