Loose windows in Acme Hardtop

Loose windows in Acme Hardtop

rocmoc

Jeeper
Thanks
Tucson, AZ & Mexico (both Mainland & Baja)
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, V6, 3spd, power steering, headers, electric fans, upgraded larger radiator, '78 grill, disc brakes (front only), swing pedals, hyd clutch, extended front shock mounts, upgraded front driveline w larger u-joints, warn OD, D30 front diff, lockers, 2100 carb, working on a '74 tub replacement, '78 windshield frame with '78+ Acme hardtop
The door alum window frames are loose in the fiberglass hole. I have the driver window out. I am either going to use strip caulking or rubber foam strip between the frame & fiberglass. What ever was there is gone so no idea what was there from Acme. Any better suggestions or recommendation? Or can you see what is between your window frame and the fiberglass. Thanks!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Found the perfect product at Home Depot. "Md Marine & Automotive ALL CLIMATE Rubber Weatherseal 01033" This is exactly what it says on the package. 5/16" x 19/32" x 10' per package & one package / length per window. Cost is $7.99. Place the sticky side against the alum frame so when you install the window the non-stick side is against the fiberglass. This will also allow you the option should you want to remove the windows in Hot weather.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks