Looking for 1969 CJ wire diagram

Looking for 1969 CJ wire diagram

blake5179

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 FSJ Cherokee
Guys I am working on a 1969 CJ5. I need the wire diagram to trace down the brake light circuit. I know I should just buy a service manual but the Jeep doesn't belong to me, I am helping a friend with it, so I was hoping someone might be able to upload or have a link to one. I have searched through lots of posts on here and have found several wire diagrams for older and several for newer but not for a late 60's.
So far I have headlights, running lights and blinkers all working but no brake lights. I have replaced BOTH brake line pressure switches but same result (only found the one down on the framerail by the MC at first then kept searching and found another up on the frame rail just behind the radiator on the drivers side). I ASSUME I have a good enough ground at the rear light housing since the tail and blinkers both work but I will check out that ground.

From looking at other year wire diagrams, it looks like the brake light circuit ties into the headlight switch and the ignition switch. I haven't been able to find those exact connections yet though on this Jeep.

blake5179,
Without knowing what engine I will send them all.
Hope this helps.

Just trying to fix the world one Jeep at a time.

The Haynes manual might be an option, I do think that there are better ones out there, but the Haynes can be found most anywhere.

Thanks guys, it is a 1969 with the 225 V6. I will print all of those off and look at them.
I love this line, "Just trying to fix the world one Jeep at a time."

Thanks,
Been using that since 1990.
P.S. all my wire diagrams from `72 on are color coded, thanks to Paint.

Can someone hook a jeepa' up with one that covers an 85 CJ7 while we are at it? All i find on google are the earlier schematics with the glass fuses.

Can someone hook a jeepa' up with one that covers an 85 CJ7 while we are at it? All i find on google are the earlier schematics with the glass fuses.

I have a copy of a wiring diagram for my '86 that I am pretty sure will work for the '85. I got it from a Chilton Manual that I sent away for. PM me if you are interested.

Have one for 1984 in PDF from FSM,
`84-`85-`86 should be the same.

Funny, maybe the world has changed in some way. Every manual I've paid for has wiring diagrams in them. Even the Chilton and Hayse manuals have decent diagrams that are always better resolution than the free ones I could find on line. One thing is for sure, you get what you pay for.

On the PDF's I've seen it was impossible to read the markings in the symbols. I can read them in my manuals surprisingly well. You get what you pay for.

ThisGuyUKnow,
Sent 2 PDF`s from FSM for a 1984, 1984-85-86 the same, 1980-83 the same, might have to take pictures out of PDF and assemble into 1 big picture, so you do not have to go page to page. This is not bad can see symbols fine
I have seen the ones people are talking about with the glass fuses. The glass ended in 1979, yet they say that diagram is 1986.
:rolleyes::bang::doh::laugh:

I have the exact same issue on my 68 V6 Jeep. No stop lights. Everything else works. I find these diagrams near worthless to actually use. My issue is the previous owner installed some headers and snipped some wires along the way. When I look at it mine was a grove jeep it might not have had stop lights since Tricky A BAD WORD who knows. Good luck if you happen to find something helpful let me know and I will do the same.

A lot of the diagrams are difficult to read, but one thing they are useful for is the wire color. Yes, they fade, you can usually find the right color under tap or other wire coverings. Mine was ll messed up, but eventually it started to make sense.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks