Lil' Help - Jeep CJ Dimensions

Lil' Help - Jeep CJ Dimensions

Smokey2yunick

Jeeper
Thanks
Please Need Lil' Help - Jeep CJ Dimensions ??

Hello -
I've been all over the internet looking for some critical dimension for early/or even later CJ5 dimesions. Can I get some help with the below measurements for a project i'm starting. Looking for stock info if available.
A - Top of front fender from ground
B - Ground to top of frame
C - Top of fender , to top of hood
D - Top of wheel to ground (highly critical for rest)
E - Front lip of fender to end of fender curve
F - Length of hood
G - Ground to bottom of frame
H - Ground to top of window
I - Ground to top of frame/bottom of body
J - Width of tub from rear fender seam to start of rear arch
K - Width of end of fender to inside of door
L - Inside door to bottom of door arch
M - Distance betwen tire and bottom of front fender clearance
N - Distance betwen tire and bottom of rear fender clearance
O - Width of wheel arch from bottom
P - Height of Rear tire (critical for all measurements)
Q - Width of rear wheel arch to rear of tub
R - Height of rear tub to ground
S - Bottom of tub to top of tub

Thanks in advance - Patrick

Last edited:
Re: Please Need Lil' Help - Jeep CJ Dimensions ??

you may have to decide if you want early, intermediate, or late model CJ.
They all have slightly different specs.
Not to mention you didn't specify what if any lift you want and tire size (there are variations on the stock stuff also), model of CJ you want (CJ2,3,5,6,7,8), ect.
This sounds like a pretty detailed project, how about giving us some details to work with you on?

I guess this is as close to stock specs as I have, but its all just frame references. I don't think I've ever seen such detailed specs on the body stuff.
71b3f3a3.jpg

I'll take any body info from any year would help.
Ideally I would like an: intermediate CJ5, stock height with 31" tires (pretty rare I know hahaha)

Sorry I can't give any hints until it's done, but I will post a write up when finished. I don't tell until projects are done because sometimes forum e-thugs like to crush new ideas. < not on this forum yet, just some past forum expierence.

I know the jeep bible has some measurements, I'd start there first.
Hit up a fiberglass/metal body mfg, tell em you need the measurements for a frame and exo cage your building.

Check here: http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/jeep/
Also here: search for D&L Bensinger check their site or email them.

Last edited:
Here is a frame diagram for a 75 CJ5 and 6.

you may have to decide if you want early, intermediate, or late model CJ.
They all have slightly different specs.

The differences in the frame of my 73 and 80 cj's are pretty significant.

Just talked to Quadratec, they had no body details either. Emailed some fiberglass companies that make the tubs, so we'll see. Didn't realize this would be that hard

It's not to hard, I've gotten that info in the past from one of the sources listed above, just can't remember which one, lol. I'm thinking one of the jeep bibles.

I'll take any body info from any year would help.
Ideally I would like an: intermediate CJ5, stock height with 31" tires (pretty rare I know hahaha)

My 73 CJ5 came with 27.5" Goodyear H78x15.

Not sure what you're going to do with the dimensions, but if you're after tub info the tubs were all the same except the body mounts. Now the year comes into play. 76s frames are wider in the rear. Pre-72 had a shorter hood and front fenders by 3-4 inches.

Give us a hint and not quite so many dimensions right off the bat.

Great help, getting there. Checked out the "jeep bible 2004 ed." wasn't too useful for measurments, but I did find this below pic online. I'll add in the dimensions to it as get them.

These guys have all of the original blueprints for Jeep pre Daimler. Daimler was going to just toss them but fortunately for us they scooped them up; thats why their replacement tub bolts on in 45 minutes. A phone call and a few pretty pleases might help you get what you are looking for.

www.willysoverland.com

Last edited:
These guys have all of the original blueprints for Jeep pre Daimler. Daimler was going to just toss them but fortunately for us they scooped them up; thats why their replacement tub bolts on in 45 minutes. A phone call and a few pretty pleases might help you get what you are looking for.

www.willysoverland.com

Thanks for the info. I may call them and see if they will work with me.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks