BrockGrimes

Jeep-CJ.com Archive Master
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ON THE HUNT AGAIN
There are quite a few lifts out there.
I was cruising about www.northerntool.com and
noticed several are in the $2000 range.
Anyone got one at their house? If so recommendations?

For my usage of them over the years I know a good mechanical safety
is a must have, never rely on chains or hydralics to hold the lift.

I personally prefer frame lift as it gives me more options as far as being able to work on the suspension and tires, etc.

I don't have a lift at home yet, but I will. I have used quite a few over the years. A friend has a Rotary (blue) #12,000 symmetrical frame lift. It has mechanical locks with one central control for both sides. The lift rate is good but the lowering speed is rather slow, especially without a load. The last foot or two after the wheels touch the ground is painfully slow.
Another friend has a #9000 asymmetrical Bend Pak it has mechanical locks that have separate releases for each side. It has a good lift rate and the lowering speed is much better than the Rotary. Even without a load the lowering speed is almost the same as with a load.
One thing I have noticed with both lifts is the foot design. Both lifts I mentioned use cylindrical spacers under the foot to allow clearance for running boards etc. Depending on how many spacers you need to use this can get rather wobbly. There is another foot design I call "old school" feet. They are a rectangle shaped foot that can be used flat, or there are two more positions by folding the rectangle up for the other two heights. These old school feet seem to me to be much more stable when used in the higher positions.
I hope that makes sense.

HI !
I would recommend [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The 4.5" Jeep lift kit replaces all your suspension hardware with Rubicon’s top-of-the-line springs, arms, and shocks for clearance of 32x11.50 tires.

This Rubicon Jeep lift kit completely replaces the stock suspension with their top of the line componentry providing superior flexibility and on and off road handling.
[/FONT]

He was talking about a vehicle lift to raise a vehicle so you can work under it. Like what they have at a service garage, not a body lift or suspension lift.

Being an electrician I have traded setting up a few lifts for jeep parts and services for a few jeep shops. I notice they like the 2 post type because so much work can be done like removing axles and stuff. they also buy accessories like axle holders etc. One thing I would recommend, look around your driveway and the heaviest vehicle there, go 1.5 percent of that capacity, also be willing to cut a bit of concrete and pour a deep footing for the thing to bolt down to, I would hate to think of the safwty of just bolting that to a driveway.
I would love one myself, just do not think the neighbors would put up with it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks