Lift Height: Want to Fit 33x12.5 tires

Lift Height: Want to Fit 33x12.5 tires
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7
What size lift should I get to reasonably fit 33x12.5 procomp mud terrains on my CJ7 I dont want it to be a big foot and I dont want the tires to rubb on anything...

any suggestions? Maybe a 1 or 2 inch lift...

Depends on if you are making a mall crawler or a offraoder.
You can get away with a 2 1/2" if you keep it on the street or easy trails.
You will need to go to 4" if you take it somewhere you are going to be flexing it much.

I have a 2.5" superlift and running 33" bfgs. I didn't put the lift on, eventually I plan on going to RE's 4.5 x-duty..

I have a 4" superlift and my 33x14.50x15 only rub when turning full lock.
So when these wear out I'm going to 33x12.50x15 and the rub should go away.
I'm running Super Swamper TSL's, btw. They came on the jeep when I bought it.
I like it but they are just a little to wide.

You can get away with 2 1/2 in. but like stated above if you flex it out alot you'll rub. You can also get more clearance by using Tj flares if you wanna keep the lift lower.

I have agree with PetesCJ a smaller lift and TJ flairs would keep a lower center of gravity. Unless you prefer the CJ flair then maybe a 1 peice 1" body lift especially if you still have the old body pucks that need replacing anyway.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks