leaf spring bushings

leaf spring bushings

lowcountry

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'83 CJ7, 258, D30, amc 20, D300, 4sp, '70 Z28, LSX, 6sp, 711 fwhp (N/A), 2015 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
As some may know, I am rebuilding the front suspension, 4" lift, etc. Today I started installing the front springs and noticed that the rear poly bushings were not symmetric, as in, one of the bushing halves had a wider 'lip' than the other one. In other words, swapping one for the other will shift the centerline of the spring inboard or out.

I never payed enough attention when removing the bushings to notice this difference, Does anyone know which way these things are oriented? Must be important or why go to the trouble of making them different...

thanks.

Do you then have 2 bushings like this, for both spring packs?:confused:
How much difference is there?
Who's the maker of these?
LG

I will take a look in a little while when I get back to working on it. I just realized though that maybe I have the front and back sets mixed up? But they went in so smooth - nice fit...

Never mind - figured it out.

Getting in a hurry + getting old = big dummy.

Should have known right off the bat that the front and rear might be different.

And of course, reading the instructions would have saved my butt...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks