Trans knob replacements

Trans knob replacements

CJJP1984

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7
For some context, the jeep is an '84 that is heavily modified, ford 302 v8 engine, big body lift, lots of other strictly off-road adds. I bought a new gear shifter knob, but the stick that is on there isn't threaded. The old "konb" which is a T shaped handle was attached with a screw through the handle and the stick. Assume that means I need to get a new stick that is threaded? I finaly figured out how to get the existing stick off, but not sure how to know which new stick to buy.

The transfer case knob is trashed; just the plastic piece that was under the rubber cover is still attached. Haven't been able to unscrew that; tried pipe wrench, locking pliers, my teeth, etc....won't budge. Doesn't feel like it's screwed on there. Appears to be pushed down on the stick. The part of the top of the stick that is visible (below the plastic piece) has a diamond-like pattern on it (probably not describing that correctly).

Anyone have any thoughts on the new stick shift identification or how to get the rest of the transfer case knob off?

Trans knob replacements
TSB8C - this is like whack-a-mole....one problem soled one more pops up....thanks again!

Sounds like typical CJ ownership. Good luck and God speed. You will need it.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

The D300 shift lever is not too hard to replace. Here's a shot of the lever and another of how it mounts. If you or a buddy can weld, put a new threaded part (a bolt) back on top of the shaft. Of course the other consideration is to convert to a twin-stick setup. I love mine. Not used much for what I do, but a few times in some mud with rear wheels spinning, shift to front wheel drive only and pull out.

D300_Lever.jpg D300_Lever_Mounting.jpg D300_Twin_Stick.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom