Jeep leaning

Jeep leaning

scottp96137

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 Cj7, 258 , skyjacker 4" lift, D30 , D44
Hello everyone! i'm working on a 86 CJ7 and for the life of me i cant figure out how to get the driver side lean to go away. I remember some time ago reading an article or post about putting shims between axle tube and springs. I have been lying under my jeep trying to see if this will work for me and found that if i shimmed the rear, i would have to squeeze one in under the steering dampener brace. Is this possible? When i put a level on the bumper, the driver side is close to two inches lower than passenger side. Im running a 258, 4" skyjacker lift With 33" tires. Everything is new on lift and tires.
Thanks

Hello everyone! i'm working on a 86 CJ7 and for the life of me i cant figure out how to get the driver side lean to go away. I remember some time ago reading an article or post about putting shims between axle tube and springs. I have been lying under my jeep trying to see if this will work for me and found that if i shimmed the rear, i would have to squeeze one in under the steering dampener brace. Is this possible? When i put a level on the bumper, the driver side is close to two inches lower than passenger side. Im running a 258, 4" skyjacker lift With 33" tires. Everything is new on lift and tires.
Thanks

Mine has a slight lean as well..... thought about swapping the springs to opposite sides...... but at this point it doesn't lean enough for me to try that...... But I'm gonna watch and see where this goes.....

Well, shoots my brilliant idea right in the head......

Sent via my universal translator

I have a similar issue with my BDS 2.5" springs, but just in the rear. I thought it was a defective spring, so I gave BDS a call. They asked for pictures and measurements, and they sent me a new spring. Same deal with the new spring.

I sag about an inch on the driver's side in the rear. One of these days, I may swap sides and see what happens, but I doubt I got a second bum spring.

If I swap springs with no change, I'll swap shocks too.

Axle is level...tires have equal wear (almost new) and same pressure.

I don't worry too much about it though.

I think CJ driver's side lean came standard from the factory...LOL!

Maybe to counter the crown in the road...... road leans right, Jeep leans left - nice level ride........

Sent via my universal translator

Make a rear spring shackle that's 1" longer that what you have now. ;)
LG

Bent frame rail, maybe?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks