Jeep Commando to CJ5

Jeep Commando to CJ5

BrockGrimes

Jeep-CJ.com Archive Master
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ON THE HUNT AGAIN
Anyone seen a a CJ with a commando front grill and hood installed?
The pic is a commando for reference. The hood is wider and the lights are fitted into small panels that are placed on the left and right of the headlights. I think all you would need are those 2 panels and a hood.

They just look mean with that wider hood and the lights moved up.
Thoughts? Pic's if it's already been done? Sacrilege?

163_0602_24z_readers_rides_1971_jeep_jeepster_commando_front_passenger_side.jpg

I saw one done that way. the guy had a Warn 8274 on the front, so the higher turn signals were working for him. He also use the extra space under the hood for his powerwelder & compressor.

I was thinking the extra space would be handy.
I'd like to get a pic before I made up my mind if I want to do that or not.
Been eyeballing a jeepster commando nearby thinking how cool the front looks.
wondering what my CJ5 would look like with it, LOL.

I think it would be a great look! Not so sure about tearing up a CJ but tearing up one of those square headlighted thingamabobs would be cool!

Personally, I wouldn't tear up a (good) Commando just to put the nose on a CJ, but if the rest was toast, then I'd think about it.

After the Jeepster frontend conversion you need to put a flat panel dash like a CJ.:cool:

There was a Yj done up like that in the readers rig section of Jp awhile ago. I wouldnt do it to a Cj but it sure does make a Yj look better.

Well with the CJ grill I think all you would need would be add the 2 panels for the signal lights and the hood. So it would be easily reverseable. I'd never squash a jeep to build another unless it was trashed to begin with. I'd just like to see what it would look like.

[FONT=&quot]I saw a guy with a green scrambler with a postal grill. With Jeeps it interchangeability. AKA:Hack:D
[/FONT]

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks