Build Thread Jeep CJ for my daughters first car.

Build Thread Jeep CJ for my daughters first car.
Man that looks good, great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look great… fantastic job…!

WOW! Looking great, wish I would have caught this build sooner would have loved to have come down for some wrench time. I'm 4 hours from you up in KC

WOW! Looking great, wish I would have caught this build sooner would have loved to have come down for some wrench time. I'm 4 hours from you up in KC

Still working on it! Currently sandblasting the tub. Come on down and I’ll put you to work.

Sorry for the long delay in posting. Been sandblasting all this time. Plus life gets in the way.
Anyway, here are the current updates.
All the metal work is complete.
All the blasting is complete.
All of the pressure washing of the bare parts is done.
Got two coats of epoxy primer on yesterday.
Got all the seams sealed this morning.
Got some body filler work and the paint!
2a068479649b35b85b7805d1f209768d.jpg
7e7b7519621f08e36ad873399a31d031.jpg
7abfa761ef822e0bbcac97e4639c6d20.jpg
1c73b716e97095f85ef7e0a3180fe451.jpg
4e8d338f2774a250ded8168a769512a2.jpg
f2a2d34fbf0f3bcbd13ae513f9d36d7d.jpg
868985064a2e3cf51525bf313a3dcfd1.jpg

Wow look at all that beautiful sheet metal

Yeah gert, I basically rebuilt the entire tub! In hindsight, I should have found a different tub. If I couldn’t, I would have rebuilt this one differently. I should have just replace the entire sides, from the firewall all the way back to the corner seams. I spent a lot of time replacing rusted sections and now there will be a considerable amount of mud work smoothing it. Oh well.....

Yeah gert, I basically rebuilt the entire tub! In hindsight, I should have found a different tub. If I couldn’t, I would have rebuilt this one differently. I should have just replace the entire sides, from the firewall all the way back to the corner seams. I spent a lot of time replacing rusted sections and now there will be a considerable amount of mud work smoothing it. Oh well.....

See now next time you will know :)

See now next time you will know :)

Next time you can knock it out in a couple of weekends. Anyway looks great in the pictures. Great job and follow through with the job.

Primer surfacer on! Getting really close to adding the color now!

9fb3cb2c5ab42c556355491cb1b4ad61.jpg
accc5d3643329378eb444bceef9b50c9.jpg
eb3f964341cd012218c9e4f91ed98220.jpg

Looking really good

Primer surfacer on! Getting really close to adding the color now!

That looks GREAT!! I remember when I got to this stage I felt like I had really reached a milestone..... it was FINALLY all one color! Have you decided on a color yet? That was one of my hardest decisions....

Thanks! It has been an INCREDIBLE amount of work. This tub was in really, really bad shape!
Yes, the color will be GM Laser Blue. Kind of a medium dark metallic blue.

Painted today! Finally has color on it. Ran out of color and had to stop. The blue does not cover very well and I had enough for two sprayable gallons. I’ll pick up another gallon in the morning and we will finish it up tomorrow afternoon. I’ll post more pics, we were just getting started in these.

b23002f8300315536b53ad7aa039c0e4.jpg
8a52c4a307e84358ab4bb6cb7b0a3ec5.jpg

Are you doing a clear coat?

Yes, it is/will be base clear. PPG. The color is GM “Laser Blue”.

Very nice can't wait to see it when you are done.

Good lord, son - couldn't you have found a larger shop to spray in? You hardly have room in there to turn around..... I'd kill for a garage that size. Nice setup - anxious to see the finished product!!

In my next life I'm gonna have a garage to work in that's actually larger than a phone booth. (Gert - Those were very small little booths that had a pay phone in it. You stuck coins in it to pay for the call...... I'll see if I can find you a pic...... they were probly all gone by the time you were born)

Sent from my cool, low humidity, air conditioned basement using Tapatalk

shum8 - LOL!! I love my shop. 30 X 40 pole barn! I have 10 x 20 section framed, insulated, heated and cooled for my “small hobby” ( rc planes, cars, drones and other toys) the rest is open and used for EVERYTHING! It has even been a Haunted House!
I have the best wife a guy could ask for! Now, if I can just talk her into a lift in there. If I get that she will only see me at dinner time! :-) !!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks