Jeep CJ and Jeep-CJ.com site acronyms?

Always thought pcv valve stood for Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve

Well that would be PCVV

You are correct both of you,,,, hey thanks for pointing that out.

If use the .....positive crankcase ventilation.... verbage it sounds more like the system. I fell that would be the most correct.

The PCV System....... The system of rubber hose, clean breather air supply, control valve, and suction location such as carb/manifold. It sucks up the Blow By Combustion Gas & along with clean filtered air. It suckes this mixture of gases into the carb and burns them up in the combustion process for a cleaner enviroment.

I have used PCV for both... usually refer to the valve as the PCV part since that is a regular maintenace item. So what should we call that little valve, top valve cover, that is a regular maintenance item. The little thing we shake to see if plugged up or fouled?

Maybe a mistake on my part but has worked for me and do not rememeber seeing PCVV.

PCV...Maybe it should be both maybe not. Maybe there should be PCV and PCVV.

Are we talking about 3 charaters or less ? If no, then I know more, but here some 3 or less Im always searching...

popular swap acronyms ?

TPI
TBI
SFI
LS1
LSx
LT1
L98
SFI
ECM
ECU

and did anyone bother with the sensor string ?

TPS
CTS
EGR... and so on

Hey, was this list ever consolidated and posted?

And then BBC= big block chev

for the engine swap guys
BOP (buick,olds,pontiac)bellhousing bolt pattern .includes cadillac as well

I'll add a couple.

PTO-power take off. Usually in reference to a PTO winch run off a manual tranny on a Jeep.
AIST-A** in seat time. Referring to trail experience.

CRS, can't remember :dung:

For the ones who shouldn't be behind any steering wheel let alone a Jeep off road..... SDA = Stupid Dumb A BAD WORD !

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks