Jeep Brakes

Jeep Brakes

The Kingfish

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1972 Jeep Commando (Jeepster). 304v8-Auto Trans
I'm having an issue with my 72 Commando. I bought it about a year ago and a while back the brakes seemed to sieze up. I rebuilt the brake cylinders and replaced the pads. The guy I bought it from claims the whole system including the master cylinder was rebuilt not long before he sold it to me. The problem repeated itself shortly after the work I did. When I bleed the brakes only one chamber of the MC drains (front) Now I am starting to wonder if I have a tranny problem also.

I'm having an issue with my 72 Commando. I bought it about a year ago and a while back the brakes seemed to sieze up. I rebuilt the brake cylinders and replaced the pads. The guy I bought it from claims the whole system including the master cylinder was rebuilt not long before he sold it to me. The problem repeated itself shortly after the work I did. When I bleed the brakes only one chamber of the MC drains (front) Now I am starting to wonder if I have a tranny problem also.

:)Kingfish,

Get a little more specific on what you have.........Power or manual, Disc or Drums or both.
Are you saying the brakes are not releasing? or hanging up?
Not sure what the tranny has to do with your brakes?
:D:D:D:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks