Izzaks KTN YJ

2lostspace

Jeep-CJ.com Moderator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ-7
Engine 258
Transfer case dana 300
OK I am starting this for Izzak. I picked up a YJ for little to nothing and he is in the process of tearing it down. Unsure what is going to happen to it, I plan on saving the tub and putting CJ front on it. We will see in the next couple of weeks what happens, if I can stay in town.

Attachments

• th_P5036889.jpg
    th_P5036889.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 56
  • th_P5036912.jpg
    th_P5036912.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 57
  • th_P5036910.jpg
    th_P5036910.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 52
  • th_P5036900.jpg
    th_P5036900.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 57
He is working really hard at taking the YJ apart. He has done most of the work himself. :):)

Attachments

• th_DSCF0014.jpg
    th_DSCF0014.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 68
  • th_DSCF0022.jpg
    th_DSCF0022.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 57
  • th_DSCF0026.jpg
    th_DSCF0026.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 63
  • th_DSCF0017.jpg
    th_DSCF0017.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 49
  • th_DSCF0024.jpg
    th_DSCF0024.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 62
Thats cause he was dying to get rid of that hideous body :dung: on that model. :laugh:
He is working really hard at taking the YJ apart. He has done most of the work himself. :):)

That was the first thing that he removed. We got the rest of the front fenders off today and got all the interior out. Started to remove the dash I got to use a BFH on the glove box. I hope more tomorrow. Izzak is getting more pictures in the morning.

I only have a few days in ketch when i get back but we are definatly gonna get something done to it while im there

Get to work on tearing that thing down izzak and not so much time on the computer

when i get there next friday is the eng still going to be in it?

We are trying to have the tub off and the engine and trans off this weekend. In my spear time I also have to help MR OX with his and A2TRIP with his bumper. We will see how it goes.

I only have a few days in ketch when i get back but we are definatly gonna get something done to it while im there

Get to work on tearing that thing down izzak and not so much time on the computer

when i get there next friday is the eng still going to be in it?

i work on it all the time and don't like square headlights

Izzak and I worked on the YJ this morning, he was out there sooner than me. I just had a hard time getting motivated this morning. We got closer to getting the tub off.

Attachments

• th_DSCF0030.jpg
    th_DSCF0030.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 81
  • th_DSCF0036.jpg
    th_DSCF0036.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 89
  • th_DSCF0037.jpg
    th_DSCF0037.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 91
  • th_DSCF0032.jpg
    th_DSCF0032.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 83
Looks like fun (I think), can you save the images as a larger size? They are tough to see. :)

x2 and my eyes arent that bad. A little bigger will give alot better detail.
Looks like fun (I think), can you save the images as a larger size? They are tough to see. :)

I will work on the pictures, Using photbucket trying to figure out the thing.

Or just upload the large images to our gallery, they will be automatically resized.

Also, when you attach them to a post, attach the large versions, they will be resized also...

It took a while to get the tub off the frame but is done. Izzak did most the work due to the fact that I keep gettig sent out of town for work. He has also recruted his friend to help on the project. Good kid but couldnt tell a wrench from a screw driver, he really wants to learn.

Now with the tub off I need to get some body pannels. Where is the cheepest and or best place to look for them.

I also got some pictures of the CJ5 frame that I am going to use for the tub. Yes I know it is shorter than the YJ or the CJ7 tub but I can only use what I can. I think I know where to cut the tub to mount it on the CJ5 frame.

Kelly sorry I didnt get up with you while i was back in ketch , had alot of work to do to the boat!

As for the yj tub fitting on the 5 frame good luck!!!!
the place to cut it is at the door but making the door look right is going to be a mofo

Im still trying to find out about the 7 that i have in whittier, might be able to hook you up with that if you can find a way to get it to ketch

Hay that is ok. I know that you were busy when you got down here.
On the YJ tub there is that extra section between the step in the back and the trans hump that extra section needs to be removed and then cut back were the door opening is. This thing will look like a smaller CJ7 I think when I am done. I could get the left and right side pannels for a CJ5 and do it that way also.

I will work on that when I get back from Juneau, getting shipped off there for two weeks starting Sunday.

Let me know about the CJ7 when you find out.

Well Izzak and I had some time today to work on the YJ. I got the engine out and front axle out, I used my shop truck for the engine. I traded the 4.0 for another 4.2. I cut out part of the frame just in case that I need it.

Attachments

• P7037452.JPG
    P7037452.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 236
  • P7037454.JPG
    P7037454.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 159
  • P7037455.JPG
    P7037455.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 138
  • P7037467.JPG
    P7037467.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 125
  • P7037468.JPG
    P7037468.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 111

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom