Its finally time

Its finally time

elwood blues

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 4.2L Comp Cam & valve train, MC2100 carb, MSD ignition, Dana 30 front, T18 trans, Dana 20 txfr, AMC 20 rear.
November will mark 24 years that I've been an enlisted member of the US Navy, and it's finally time for my career to come to an end.

I'm currently on "terminal" leave, 80 days of disguised vacation for job hunting and looking to relocate. For the first time in my entire adult life I haven't shaved for 3 weeks, I look pretty scruffy and an awful lot of grey too 🙃. No more uniform, no more standing duty days, no more getting underway or orders sending me to who knows where. And the crazy part, I've been on this website for a lot of that career 😁👍.

I've got two pictures to share with you all. The first one is my shadow box, it's amazing to think that I crammed 24 years worth of stuff into a 24"x22" box. And then there's my going away gift, it almost brought me to tears that the people I work with would buy me a real CJ grill and make it a decoration.

Thanks for letting me share.
Nick
AKA elwood blues

Attachments

• Resized_20220905_112226.jpeg
    Resized_20220905_112226.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Resized_20220908_131732.jpeg
    Resized_20220908_131732.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 15
Pretty cool. Thanks for your service ! :chug:

Congratulations!

Grille is awesome!

Thank you for your service! And that grill is great. You obviously shared your Jeep passion with those you worked with.

Well Congrats sir , well done. 24 years. Bet you dont know how to act. That grill was a pretty thoughtful gift. 👍🏻

Well Congrats sir , well done. 24 years. Bet you dont know how to act. That grill was a pretty thoughtful gift. 👍🏻

I have absolutely no idea what to do with my "free" time. I'm trying to stay busy so I don't don't drive my wife, who works from home, insane!

We're actually looking to moving close to you @Petescj .

Get in the Jeep and take some time out in the woods with it.

I have absolutely no idea what to do with my "free" time. I'm trying to stay busy so I don't don't drive my wife, who works from home, insane!

We're actually looking to moving close to you @Petescj .

Hol :dung:! Where at? Im about 70miles or so North of Philly

LOL, I was actually working on the CJ for a while today. Rear diff cover was leaking.

We're actually looking at moving to somewhere around Pittsburgh. I thought that's where you were. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of different jobs. BTW, there's something I've never done before, a job interview, holy :dung: that's nerve racking!

LOL, I was actually working on the CJ for a while today. Rear diff cover was leaking.

We're actually looking at moving to somewhere around Pittsburgh. I thought that's where you were. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of different jobs. BTW, there's something I've never done before, a job interview, holy :dung: that's nerve racking!
Yeah thats awhile aways. About 5 hours.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom