Misc. If you see this you are on the new server.

Misc. If you see this you are on the new server.

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
If you see this you are on the new server.

:welcome: and please reply below.

If there are any problems please let me know.

in

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Good to go.
Thanks for all your hard work CJ :punk::punk:
Thanks, we were on a managed server before but now are on an upgraded unmanaged one. What is the difference you ask? Well, control, work and knowledge, hardware and cost.

#1 I have complete control of the server now. That can be good and bad. Before when I needed a change or server software maintenance was required I just submitted a support ticket and the work was done (now I do it all.)
#2 There is a lot to do when moving from one server to another and before it was done by the host. This time it was all on me... :)
Also, now I do everything (see #1) but I do have some experience (started in computers in IT for our CAD/CAM Spark stations using Unix (still use VI to edit files) over 35 years ago so the operating software side is easy for me, the new forum side I am still learning.
Example: You would think off-site backups would be a no brainer but I had to configure them to use amazon s3 and google one drive... :chug:
#3 The new server has more ram, more drive space (we are now on SSD (solid state drives), Raid 10 (redundant hot swappable drives - heck I use them in my NAS for another backup) us instead of the old ones and new hardware.
#4 The price may be lower and the hardware is good but it is a lot of work but to keep up, and just like keeping our old CJ's going I'm up for the challenge

Sounds like all positives. :chug: :tu: :chug: :tu:

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Present and accounted for.

Nice work CJ!

All good here. Thanks.

Well, looks like your security isn’t as tight as you’d hope...... I’m in 🤣

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks