if given a chance to choose?

if given a chance to choose?

danielle

Jeeper
Thanks
currently, i don't own any CJ's yet hopefully soon:) I just enjoy riding a cj from a friend but right now his jeep has problems:confused: and we could not yet determine what is the cause. Anyway, if given a chance to choose a vehicle that would be given to you for free... what would it be and why?

I would want something from the early to mid 50's, willys flat fender, or willys pickup or even a powerwagon from the some time frame.
Why because I like the way they look:D

While I LOVE a good Flattie, all I would want off it would be the body, cause the rest would have to be updated/madified to make me happy.
A early Power wagon or M715 would go the same route. While I LOVE the body style(s), the drivetrain would get completely swapped out for more modern hardware.
So what would I want?
I saw a great looking A/C Cobra one time in a magazine...Don't get me wrong, I'm not headed to the dark side of street machines just yet.
This one had 33" tires in the front, 34" tires in the rear, was 4WD, had a 428 stroker/5 speed, and was the baddest thing I have ever seen in my life! I still wish I could get my hands on it, if just for a little while!
Does that count or did it have to be a CJ model? :laugh:

A very early flat fender as Old Dog said or a '76 CJ5. It's hard finding correct parts for the 72~75 vintage! :)

Well here you go boys!
1947 Willys CJ2A

Or....
1943 Jeep willys
And what a GREAT add! :)

1947 Willys CJ2a (w/ CJ3a windshield)
L134 "Go Devil" 4 cyl engine
T90 tranny
D18 t-case (2hi, 4hi, 4lo)
1" lift
31/10.5 tires on 15" wheels
full cage
front disc conversion
lockers in both stock axles
custom front winch bumper w/ D-shackles
custom rear bumper with center recovery point
newer high back seats
everything to make it street legal (horn, blinkers, mirror, etc)
ex NYC Housing Authority vehicle (own a piece of history?)

if you've been looking for a fun and unique summer toy, or for a great little trail jeep, then this just might be what you've been waiting for. i bought this for 4-wheeling, but also to take to work on nice days and to take my girlfriend out to ice cream, and it quickly turned into a not-so-secret love affair that she was not all that happy about, but tolerated it anyway. the frame is in great shape, and the body is in pretty good shape, considering its a 62 year old New England vehicle. the rockers and side steps need some attention, but are fine for the time being. its not a show winner, and was never intended to be one, so if thats what you're looking for, this one isn't for you, unless you have handfulls of money to throw at it.

it's got a brand new starter and battery, so it starts up with little to no fuss, and actually quietly purrs after it warms up. there is no radio, so you'll have to impress your date with 54hp of throw-you-back-into-your-seat-and-maybe-spill-your-drink-a-little mind blowing raw power, and the full roll cage will keep you safe in case you feel like doing a spontaneous barrel-roll. the custom front and rear bumpers both have recovery mounts, and the front bumper has a winch plate built in, so you could bolt on a winch and go pull that bus full of cheerleaders out of a ditch or something. i've been going through it during my (very Limited) spare time and just cleaning it up, so is got some new paint (school bus yellow), and if i get around to it, it might be some new seats in the future. its also got a new thermostat so it doesn't over-heat anymore, the previously mentioned starter and battery, and various belts, nuts and bolts, bells and whistles.

if you want the ride of a cadillac, then buy a cadillac. if you want the power of a corvette, then buy a corvette. if you want a fun, unique vehicle that will probably get you more attention than a caddy or a vette, then buy a willys.

$2500 or trade for a working time machine

:D Thought you fellers would like that.

I hate to say it, but I kind of have the vehicle I've always wanted. I had wanted a CJ since I was a little kid and my grandpa had several of them just rusted to pieces sitting behind the barn. But, if I could have any car, I want a 1970 Plymouth Superbird :D

Attachments

• 100_1040.JPG
    100_1040.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 373
  • 1970%20plymouth%20superbird.jpg
    1970%20plymouth%20superbird.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 26,386
if given a chance to choose a vehicle that would be given to you for free... what would it be and why?
That's easy... my '71 CJ5! Bought new by my dad in Dec '70; given to me in 1980. Built my mechanical aptitude when in HS, now serves as a DD and "sanity check" for life. Already have owned a '71 BB Chevelle, a '62 Baja Bug, '75 Cal-Look bug and several motorcycles; the CJ has remained a constant...:chug: However, a T-bucket WILL happen before I check out!;)

For me I would stick with the 76 CJ in the garage but......I want it back completely fixed. Ive been working on this thing piece by piece but it would be great if I could snap my fingers and have it back good as new with all the mods I still plan to add. Then I could take it out and break it some more!:rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks