I got her top off!!

I got her top off!!

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
I offer this for your amusement only, even though it did work pretty well.
The problem was how to remove the hard top from the CJ with out causing damage to my favorite body. When I bought the top I could put it on and take it off by myself but that was a long time ago and I am old and gray and a bit lazy too.
The answer was to build a crane for the back of the truck that I could put on and take off with minimal help or no help at all.
I just happened to have about 15 feet of drill stem , an old boat trailer winch and the rest were available at the home despot. at the time this project was built it was cold and wet outside and this was more fun than watching TV.

I figure it will handle about 400 pounds but the only basis for that figure is that me and my buddy pretty much hung from the hook before we tied on to the top. This is, by the way , when we decided to put an additional pair of straps to the back of the bed. with out them it is much too easy for the boom to flop to one side or the other.
As I said , this is for your amusement only. I am sure no one would actually try to move a top of a tub with something like this.:laugh:

Looks like a good way to do it!
I used to have an old truck that I used to do things like that with. Was pretty handy as a yard dog.
At one time it had a nice boom on it, but that wore out so I built this to move stuff around...
Newbeddesign001.png
I also have a flatbed trailer with a pretty handy rig on it for picking up scrap...
TrailerHoist.jpg

Looks like it worked for what you needed it for.

So when are you going to mass produce it and make your millions??:D

I bet you did great in Redneck tec. 101. :laugh:

I bet if I took it and parked it in the Wal Mart parking lot I could get honorable mention on "People of Wal Mart".:D

I bet you did great in Redneck tec. 101. :laugh:

I bet if I took it and parked it in the Wal Mart parking lot I could get honorable mention on "People of Wal Mart".:D

Just imagine what your neighbors were thinking probably something along the lines of "what the F*** is he doing" if i did something like that my neighbors would expect it just because they know i either do really crazy and dumb things or it has some sort of purpose :cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom