How to find those Monroe Shocks?

How to find those Monroe Shocks?

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
Through this past year I've read a few times on here about using the basic Monroe shocks and I like that idea.

The problem is, how to find them if the Jeep is lifted?

I've looked on the web site (and maybe missed it) and I've talked to my local parts house and can't find any listings for Stock + Lift.

So how to find them for a 2" lift?

At $28 bucks it might be worth it to just buy one and do it the old fashioned way...

You would have to find the compressed and extended lengths of your current shocks then look for those measurements on the type of Monroe shocks you want.

You would have to find the compressed and extended lengths of your current shocks then look for those measurements on the type of Monroe shocks you want.

That's what I was afraid of, thanks.

This is what i did, And this is off the top of my head cause i did this last spring. I looked up what the blue Monroe Stock shocks spec is. i do believe they are 12"-13" compressed, 19"-20" extended, and have a 7 1/2"- 8" travel. i have a 4" lift so i added 4" to the compressed and extended. I looked on the Monroe page the previous poster posted and found a set that had those dimensions and the proper mounting ends. Mine fit fine and have no issues. The proper way to do it would be to get your jeep on level ground, lift kit on, and no shocks. then measure center to center of your shock mounts and do the math from there..

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks