How tall are you?? I mean really.

How tall are you?? I mean really.
Hello

14.5" to the center of the hub (31" tires)
22.2" to the top of the mount.
24.0" to the bottom of the body

How do I calculate lift?

Thank you

There was a thread that showed how to tell how much suspension lift you had. That was basically to take a straight line from the top of the leaf spring eyes and measure the distance down to the top of the axel. Measuring the pucks should tell you the amount of the body lift, if any. Granted, I am no expert. I just read the info from other threads. Hopefully real experts can chime in.

the distance from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the bump stop was 1" on a stock suspension. measure this and do the math.:D

I would say you were trying to have 4" but may actually be closer to 3".

14 to center of hub
21 to top of frame mount
30 big km2's
Original 10 leaf springs

17 inches

26 inches

35's

3 inch suspension lift , 2 inch body lift

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. 15" to center of hub and 17.5 to top of mount. What is this telling me? The tires are 32/11.50s.

Correction, 22.5" to top of body mount.

Last edited:
15" to center of hub and 22.5" to top of body mount. What is this telling me?

15" to center of hub and 22.5" to top of body mount. What is this telling me?
My '84 is 11" from the top of the axle to the top of the frame measured behind the rear wheel and has stock springs.

16.5" to center of hub.
28.5" to top of mount.
35 x 12.5 x 15 tires.
lifted
1969 CJ5.

So - what does this mean?

14 to center of hub
19 to body mount
Stock suspension

Up-date. I just installed a new set of RE 4.5" springs on mine.
I now have
15.5" to center of wheel
25 to body mount

13 3/4" to center of hub
19" to top of mount
That's 5 1/4" difference, so stock suspension and the springs look a little tired.

Wanting to add new 2" suspension lift and run 32s without having to mod fenders. What do you think?

Thanks IO

15.5 to hub
24 to front body mount
33 inch all terrain
Steel body

1 inch body lift
5 inch shackles with spring lift

The first measurement will vary with your tire size.. 6 inch lift on stock tires would have the same measurement from the ground to center of hub. stuffing oversized tires on stock lift with no room to flex will give you a higher number because of the added circumfrence. My question is why dont you measure from the top of the hub to the bottom of the fender, obviously that wont work if you have cut fenders but they are easy enough to spot, I just want to make sure im measuring to the right area and straight up and down will be the most accurate in any case when measuring lift. I am told my jeep has a 4 inch lift with shackle flip and Spring over axle conversion. I know its on 35s What does it look like to you guys?https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t31.0-8/412320_364890276873856_938865702_o.jpg

The first measurement will vary with your tire size.. 6 inch lift on stock tires would have the same measurement from the ground to center of hub. stuffing oversized tires on stock lift with no room to flex will give you a higher number because of the added circumfrence. My question is why dont you measure from the top of the hub to the bottom of the fender, obviously that wont work if you have cut fenders but they are easy enough to spot, I just want to make sure im measuring to the right area and straight up and down will be the most accurate in any case when measuring lift. I am told my jeep has a 4 inch lift with shackle flip and Spring over axle conversion. I know its on 35s What does it look like to you guys?https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t31.0-8/412320_364890276873856_938865702_o.jpg

ground to top of body mount less wheel to center to ground results in distance betweem wheel center to top of body mount. stock distance is about 5-6". Anything over 5-6" is what your spring lift is. SO if your measurement is 9-10" you do in fact have a 4" lift. This calculation uses the wheel center to top of body mount to be a constant regardless of wheel size. This is just the easiest way to find that measurement.

As an alternative the distance from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the bump stop is 1" on stock springs. Anything over 1" is the spring lift.:D

Hey gang!!
Hope to satisfy my curiosity on something and need a little help to do it.

Here is the information.

who: anybody that knows or think they know what amount of suspension lift they have, including those with no lift at all.

what: Two dimensions, setting on reasonably flat level ground.
1) measure the distance from the center of the wheel hub to the ground.
2) This is the hard one, measure from the top of the body mount drivers side front. that is the one near the drivers feet. Measure from the top of the mount not the top of the pad or the bottom of the body.

Why: This is one of the top 10 most popular questions, "how much lift do I have". With enough information it should be possible to establish a relevant base line for "stock".

If you want to throw in your tire size and an evaluation of if you think you have suitable lift, as long as your typing and have a tape measure in your hand and all.:D:D
Hi,
I just measured my 1983 CJ7 with a 4 inch spring lift. I have 35 -12.5 R x 15 inch tires/wheels.
My axle center distance is: 17 inches
and
My front frame mount top surface is: 26 inches

FYI
Phil

16.5" to hub centerline
26.625" to top of mount

4" RE suspension lift (with dead body-mounts)
35x12.50R15 Dunlop Mud Rovers on 15x11 aluminum slots

13 3/4" to center of hub
19" to top of mount
That's 5 1/4" difference, so stock suspension and the springs look a little tired.

Wanting to add new 2" suspension lift and run 32s without having to mod fenders. What do you think?

Thanks IO

32's will fit just fine with stock springs. HOWEVER, you need to get rid of those cheap replacement shackles that are on there. They are REALLY weak, and not very good quality.

I got some Currie semi heavy duty 3 piece shackles that are WAY tougher than stock, and they're greaseable.

Good luck. :chug:

Will post measurements once I get it back on the ground (running new brake/fuel lines).

17 1/2" to center of hub
26 3/4" to top of mount

37" tires with 10lbs air pressure. Spring over axle.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks