How Many Cylinders Do You Own

How Many Cylinders Do You Own

73CJ

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
73 CJ5 4.0 head on a 258, HEI, Holley Projection w/ 4.56, Detroit lockers Narrowed D44 front and full float D44 rear T14 w/ D20 4 wheel discs, 38.5 Boggers
Sitting around the other day talking garage stuff, the topic of:

"How many pistons (must be in a cylinder) do you own that run?"

I would challenge you to count them up and post. Weed whips , tillers, chain saws and lawn mowers count too.

I'll start it off with

2-8cyl. 16
1-6 6
3-4 12
1-3 3
4-2 8
21-1 21

For a total of 66.

Dang no wonder I never have time to go fishing! :D

I just down-sized my fleet (losing 8, 8 and 4). So that leaves me with 6, 4, and 4. For a total of 16.

This one made me have to think for a bit, but the number is lower than I would have thought with all the saws, trimmers, tillers, splittlers, blowers, etc. They all only count as 1 so even though it seems that maintenance takes forever on all of them, it is pretty low.

I think the number is around 60.

cb

I have a total of 47.

Last edited:
feeling pretty weak sauce at 28 :(

I thought you were talking about compressed gas.:laugh:

i dont know that i can count that high

i come up with 87 in just the ones that were running the last time i started them could probably double it if i counted non running and would probably run with very little work

20. If I include my air compressor then 21.

This one made me have to think for a bit, but the number is lower than I would have thought with all the saws, trimmers, tillers, splittlers, blowers, etc. They all only count as 1 so even though it seems that maintenance takes forever on all of them, it is pretty low.

I think the number is around 60.

cb

Nice fleet

i dont know that i can count that high

i come up with 87 in just the ones that were running the last time i started them could probably double it if i counted non running and would probably run with very little work

We have a new leader :chug:

Um thats 14 :D

Thanks for keeping this honest.

My theory is that the number is related to age. :rolleyes:

But then we downsize with age. I'm wondering when that starts.

May not make Scientic American but maybe buried in Auto Trader trivia . . . .:D

Hope you're OK

But look at the bright side. I bet it was their fault. Humm. Lots of new and better parts in the future.

Yep. All good. Thanks. Not sure about any new parts other than a tail light. Will check it over though.

Two 6-cyl engines - 12
One V-8 engine - 8
Yard equipment - 5
Compressors - 2
.22 cal powder-actuated nailer - 1 (hey, it's got a cylinder and a piston...)

Other half's XJ 4.0 - 6

34 total

V8 + I4 + 2 air compressor = 14 + 3 Powder throwers + 2 floor jacks + 2 York AC = 21

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks