How are you spending New Years Eve?

How are you spending New Years Eve?

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
So whats everyone doing for NewYears and New Years Eve? We're having a bunch of people over but everyone is over 50 so the only way we'll see the ball drop is if we get up to pee at the right time 😁.

Im making everyone pulled pork in the smoker.

Attachments

• 1231210833.jpg
    1231210833.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Happy New Year, sir! You are spending New Year’s in a much more celebratory fashion than we will. Probly have Dad over for dinner, and yes - probly won’t see the ball drop either.

As for the day today - replacing the transmission mount (tranny mount just doesn’t sound right any more LOL), and finishing up another coffee table made from a wine bbl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I'm not doing much. I've been a little sick and under the weather (Covid test is negative) so I'm resting and taking it easy... :chug:

Hope everyone has a great time and has a fantastic New Year!!! :banana::party:

Happy New Year, sir! You are spending New Year’s in a much more celebratory fashion than we will. Probly have Dad over for dinner, and yes - probly won’t see the ball drop either.

As for the day today - replacing the transmission mount (tranny mount just doesn’t sound right any more LOL), and finishing up another coffee table made from a wine bbl.

Yeah now that we're settled in to the new place we're also in the center of all the family. Now we do the majority of the Holiday hosting. I had my fill of working on Jeeps over the holidays. My daughter wanted a Jeep though and I had to put a starter in that yesterday.

After what happened with my '80 and me getting pitched like a rag doll I couldn't let her grab a Cj. She wanted something to carry her kayak around so we settled on this XJ.

Attachments

• 0928211552_HDR.jpg
    0928211552_HDR.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 5
Unfortunately I'm not doing much. I've been a little sick and under the weather (Covid test is negative) so I'm resting and taking it easy... :chug:

Hope everyone has a great time and has a fantastic New Year!!! :banana::party:
Resting and taking it easy isnt a terrible way to bring in the New Year. Glad your test is negative and hope your feeling up to par quickly. 🤞🏻

Happy New Years ! This will be a quite one for us. My daughter tested positive yesterday after having a couple of days of the sniffles. I believe I probably have it also since i'm having the same thing. So far it is a very tame thing, so we are hoping for the best. My wife is putting together some beef and vegetable soup and also making some sliders and a mexican dip for this evening. Seems like this covid is spreading like wild fire around here.

Happy New Years ! This will be a quite one for us. My daughter tested positive yesterday after having a couple of days of the sniffles. I believe I probably have it also since i'm having the same thing. So far it is a very tame thing, so we are hoping for the best. My wife is putting together some beef and vegetable soup and also making some sliders and a mexican dip for this evening. Seems like this covid is spreading like wild fire around here.
Hope for a quick revovery for you all. Happy New Years to you and your family.🧨✨🎈🎉

If you have the Omicron variant, you should be fine. Very mild variant. Enjoy your new antibodies!! Hang in there!!

As for us, we are just taking it easy also at home. We are making some carnitas and my son’s girlfriend’s recipe of a hot sauce, we’ll see how that goes. Of course, some cold ones to go with that. I wish you all a happy new year and those with Covid a fast recovery. I have my share of this unfortunate event with my older sisters and a nephew. Thankfully they recovered.

Rebuilding a T-19 with some buddies in the shop while the wives do whatever at the house. Drinking a bit of homemade shine in the shop while the wives drink some homemade wine.
Culminating at the zero hour with celebratory munitions fire and a bit of backwoods smoke.
Hope everyone has a great New Years. Cheers to all

Just a quick update... I actually made it though and even was awake to celebrate the new year at midnight. :dbanana: Feeling much better and even am happy with being able enjoy some bowl games. IMOP, the only well known (nationally) down side on the last day of 2021 is the passing of my Mothers fav. GG, Betty White...

Rebuilding a T-19 with some buddies in the shop while the wives do whatever at the house. Drinking a bit of homemade shine in the shop while the wives drink some homemade wine.
Culminating at the zero hour with celebratory munitions fire and a bit of backwoods smoke.
Hope everyone has a great New Years. Cheers to all

We had some shine as well. Here they call it apple pie. Tastes like apple pie with cinnamon kinda , no pie gives you that kind of inner warmth feeling.😁

A buddy of mine has a source for various flavors of shine, so the last time I asked what the current choices were, this was his response......

1f9e93c9ad239c73a4f5d26f8e3df0ee.jpg

Who knew he was a comedian LOL

A buddy of mine has a source for various flavors of shine, so the last time I asked what the current choices were, this was his response......

The middle left looks like green beans. Wonder what it is?

They are green beans. He just happened to have them and threw em in the pic to see if I was paying attention.

Apple pie is good stuff. We had raspberry, peach and watermelon. Still recovering on the end. Lol. Cheers
With three to choose from I see why the next day is meant for recovery. 😁

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks