home made twin stick wont go into low 2wd???

Status
Not open for further replies.
home made twin stick wont go into low 2wd???

buzzinhalfdoz

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1970 cj5 134-4cyl (tub off frame and back on, suspension done(2.5 " yj spring lift),assembling engine now) after engine goes in steering upgrade to saganaw.
i made shifters and linkage to hook up the transfer case as a twin stick, all fits well and all shifts if i use the 2wd to 4wd first then shift from high to low. but if i try to shift into low in 2wd it just wont move. is their some internal linkage that has to be modified???
thanks

Dude, this is the second time you posted this question. Look deeper in the forum and you will find your thread. BusaDave pretty much answered your question. .... Pictures even.

you also need to figure out what T case you have, your calling it an 18 and they have twin sticks factory faik.

As said before, there is confusion here.

- a T-18 is a 4 speed truck transmission

- a D-18 is the older transfer case with an emergency brake on it. Many came with factory twin sticks, but not all.

- a Dana 20 is a newer transfer (~'72-'80) case that is a bit more efficient in transferring power at highway speeds. These transfer cases never had twin sticks and are converted to twin sticks with after market or home made conversions.

I'm going to close this thread so we do not get replies spread between the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks