High times??

High times??
this guy would rather drive up on a rock than use his :D
Tell me that doesn't look like a newbe. Gee I just spent 30,000 on a new rubicon I can drive over anything.

I bought mine at an auction years ago, and thought to myself then, that someday I would have a Jeep CJ, to attatch to this jack...:D I actually spent a few hrs in the basement cleaning, oiling, trying to figure out how the heck it worked, while hiding from the wife a few weeks ago. I always figured it was standard equipment for a CJ, so I will be attatching my Jeep to it someday, like I have always dreamed it would be..:rolleyes:

A lot of people don't like them, but I do. And I use the heck out of all of mine ( I have 2 now, sold one and the other got mixed in with a load of scrap metal. That was my best one, too!). I use mine in the shop nearly every day for something, and occasionally out in the field as well.
Its like any tool, if you understand its strength and weaknesses, its a great tool for the intended purpose. If not, well, you would be hard to convince.

Tell me that doesn't look like a newbe. Gee I just spent 30,000 on a new rubicon I can drive over anything.

And it's the only rock in the road and couldn't find the line:laugh:

I've got 2. One with a cast base one with a steel base. There was a price difference.

Gotta keep them lubed. The pins like to stick.

I have bumpers of 2x4x1/4" with open ends. I stick the Hi-Lift in the ends and lift her up. Works great to lift an end up in the mud to put rocks or logs under the wheels.

Also works good to compress the springs in the garage for checking driveshaft length compressed.

Mine does get washed twice a year putting in my dock. . .

the only way to get mine to work right is to spray the :dung: out of it with wd40.
Spray and spray and work lever after each wheeling trip for me in the muddy trails

I just checked mine over the weekend. The base is 3/16" stamped and welded steel. It says model HL-484 premium jack and it has an orange handle. Bought it at CT Farm & Country about 19 years ago.

mine is from the mid 70's it's just rust & dirt colored.:laugh:
Sounds like mine. It came in the bed of a 1973 f100.
I have lifted a farmall H with it to change tires and it works great for pulling fence posts.
It hasn't made it on the actual JEEP yet.

Gotta keep them lubed. The pins like to stick.

I have bumpers of 2x4x1/4" with open ends. I stick the Hi-Lift in the ends and lift her up. Works great to lift an end up in the mud to put rocks or logs under the wheels.

That's what I was going to say if you have 2x4 bumpers with open ends a high-lift works great and other application is scary. Never get under a jeep lifted with just a high-lift. Block it up with something for support if you got to.

Also there are 2 different high-lifts, one is all or mostly cast the other has more stamped steel. The price is the difference really. Those poly isolators will save your sanity from the rattles. If your ever in Tractor Supply they usually carry both the high-lift and a farm one can't remember the name. Just compair the quality.

BTW, my high-lift is Black.

J12778?$s7product$.jpg

Some QA from High Lift:
Q: What is the difference between the All-Cast (red) Jack and the Cast & Steel (Black) Jack?
A: The All-Cast Jack is made of all cast parts, while the Cast & Steel Jack has cast parts, along with 4 stamped steel parts.
Q: Which Jack is stronger or better?
A: Both Jacks have the same features and weight capacities ANSI/ASME 4660 lbs. (7000 lbs.). The all-cast jack will last longer when frequently used, but both jacks are very durable.

A compairison in case your looking to get a high lift:
http://www.hi-lift.com/hi-lift-jacks/product-comparison.html

Last edited:
I've got two of them. One is a "real" Hi-Lift; the other is a Big Red "clone" from Northern.

The true Hi-Lift lives on the CJ, on the swing-out rack I built. The base is mounted just inside the tailgate on the right side, bolted in place. No rattles.
CJaug2011-05_zps9dcd2610.jpg

The clone lives on the Ranger pickup
JackMount15_zps067b5c94.jpg

A day late & a dollar short.
I have a High Lift HL484 Black w/Red handle, cast base. Had it mounted across the rear bumper on the 2A, sold the Loc-Rac mount to my brother for his Gladiator. Going to make a mount for the back of the 7 vertical. Used it all the time at the shop to position Jeeps after moving them, cut a piece of plywood for a base, and had a 4x4 post piece for lift block. Straightened out a few Tie Rod Tubes, pushed & pulled Jeeps. Straightened tubs, lengthened doors.
Going to buy the attachments so I can pull & push.
Rescue42inc Jackmate (Pusher/Chain/Claw/Clamp)
Offroad Jack Base
Lift attachment (Bumpers)
Lift Mate (Hooks)
Handle Keeper (destroyed my clip)
Neoprene Cover
Quick release pin for base

I got the 48" at Coastal Farm figured I have a Jeep not a monster truck, so I did not get the 60" they had.

You guys really seem to get your worth out of those jacks. I have had two of them that I won in raffles and gave them both away. In all the years I have been wheeling I have only seem them used a few times. In all the jams I have been in lockers, low gears, and a winch seem to have gotten me through. I do need a bottle jack and wood base though, usually for changing tires when I pierce a sidewall and don't feel like stuffing it with plugs.

You guys really seem to get your worth out of those jacks. I have had two of them that I won in raffles and gave them both away. In all the years I have been wheeling I have only seem them used a few times. In all the jams I have been in lockers, low gears, and a winch seem to have gotten me through. I do need a bottle jack and wood base though, usually for changing tires when I pierce a sidewall and don't feel like stuffing it with plugs.

I like the new bottle jacks that work sideways and upside down.:cool:

If your jack likes dirt & dust, use Maxima Chain Wax. Sprays on kind of like cosmolene and penetrates & lubes, and does not like to attract dirt & dust.

And best of all smells like :banana:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks