IMG00038-20091009-1816.jpg
IMG00044-20091010-1809-1.jpg
IMG00041-20091010-1216-1.jpg
IMG00048-20091011-1128-1.jpg
Motor Day one
IMG00008-20090924-1209.jpg
Motor Now
IMG00053-20091012-2042.jpg

Getting there. The floor looks much better , reminds me of mine. Your air cleaner stud is a little long though. :D How long have you had it? Just an Fyi , those seats are from a Ford Bronco II.

Looking Good! Your Jeep is coming along nicely! :chug:

Thanks for the comments, I have had it 3 1/2 weeks now. I keep track by my JC whitney shipments LOL and I just recieved the 3rd on last Thursday, They are like clock work order on Sunday receive parts on Thursday, waiting on my tires, stainless braided brake lines, and a new Gas filler hose that will be shipment #4 and be here tomorrow. My goal right now is to get it running good and road worthy which it is very close to now, and then make some decisions on what I am going to do as far as restoration and overall goal of the finished product, still not sure what the plan is there LOL right now just enjoying puttering on it.

Thanks again

Justin

Thanks for the comments, I have had it 3 1/2 weeks now. I keep track by my JC whitney shipments LOL and I just recieved the 3rd on last Thursday, They are like clock work order on Sunday receive parts on Thursday, waiting on my tires, stainless braided brake lines, and a new Gas filler hose that will be shipment #4 and be here tomorrow. My goal right now is to get it running good and road worthy which it is very close to now, and then make some decisions on what I am going to do as far as restoration and overall goal of the finished product, still not sure what the plan is there LOL right now just enjoying puttering on it.

Thanks again

Justin
Not trying to be a pain - but if you use our JC Whitney link it helps support the site! :)

Not trying to be a pain - but if you use our JC Whitney link it helps support the site! :)

REALLY!!!!! I will Definately use the link for all future orders anything I can do to assist with the site!!!! next order will be placed sunday LOL :chug:

Getting there. The floor looks much better , reminds me of mine. Your air cleaner stud is a little long though. :D How long have you had it? Just an Fyi , those seats are from a Ford Bronco II.

The cleaner stud has been cut down to the appropriate length LOL actually been meaning to do it but I always remember after I put the cit off wheel away, but brought out tonight just for that LOL :D

REALLY!!!!! I will Definately use the link for all future orders anything I can do to assist with the site!!!! next order will be placed sunday LOL :chug:
Thank you! Just click on our banner and you help support us...

Sorry though, JCW doesn't support discounts (there pretty damn inexpensive already), if you use many of our other sponsors for hard to find parts (check the sponsor page) we can offer up to 10% off on all orders! :)

I noticed after the lift your front shackels are angled to the rear. :eek: That is not good, they should be angled to the front so they can move when the springs flex. :)

Looks like your having fun, keep us updated :chug:

I noticed after the lift your front shackels are angled to the rear. :eek: That is not good, they should be angled to the front so they can move when the springs flex. :)

Yep - I was thinking about that also - you really need to move your frame mounts backward, shackles that move rearward on transition do not flex (more under compression) correctly.. :)

Old Dog are you seriose!!!!!!!! thats the way they lined up after I put the kit in, I figured thats how they were suppose to go, What do you think I did wrong or how should I fix it? The directions on the lift kit were horrible about the only thing they had was the which springs went where, I also read a review from one person that installed them and he said they were labled backwards. It was a rough country lift 4"

Thanks for bringing this to my attention that it was incorrect!!!!!!:notworthy:

Thanks

Justin

Good pic of correct SOA shackle geometry...

img_1302_850x638.jpg

When you hit a bump your diff won't be thrown rearward..

glad to see a advance auto battery in there lol. i work there. jeep is lookin nice.

Good pic of correct SOA shackle geometry...

img_1302_850x638.jpg

When you hit a bump your diff won't be thrown rearward..

CJ I can definately see the difference, so the question is how do I rectify my issue. Do you think it's possible my springs ARE backwards? I just went out and reread the directions and the numbers match for the front, There is one thing that struck me odd when I was installing it and maybe you can answer for me. I noticed that one set of the springs had a flat spot in the springs these are on the back, and the other set is more evenly round these are labeled and installed on the front?

Last edited:
im watchin this :popcorn:. mine are about straight up and down. i had no instructions cause i bought my lift barely used.

Now that I am in a state of concern over the lift and shackles I went out and took some pics as it is sitting now is this better and they may move more forward as the springs get broken in?

Administrators if I need to remove some pics from this thread let me know and I will do so Thanks

Front

IMG00059-20091021-1925.jpg
IMG00060-20091021-1926.jpg
IMG00063-20091021-1929.jpg

Rear

IMG00061-20091021-1926.jpg
IMG00062-20091021-1927.jpg
IMG00064-20091021-1929.jpg

The only thing I can think of is to measure the springs from the center pin and see if there is a difference.(one end longer than the other)

I don't remember mine being able to go on backwards due to the way the bushings fit. But I could be wrong it's been a while.

Back wards or forwards shouldn't matter as the springs are concentric around the center line. The front springs look good in the pics you posted as the shackles are angles froward (your original pictures must have been on jacks). The rears look wrong to me. Can you take some other ones a little further away from the CJ, and please resize them so they aren't so darn big! :)

Well we posted at the same time so I missed your pics. It looks like the springs are settling some and getting better.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom