Help needed

Help needed

Johnnyab

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1964 Tuxedo Park Mark IV
I was sitting in the driveway with my Jeep (1964 Tuxedo Park park) idling, the motor sputtered and died. It's never done this before. After it died it'd crank but not start. First thing I thought was fuel, and sure enough no gas in the fuel filter (there is gas in the tank). So I ordered a new mechanical fuel pump with glass bowl, I took off the original pump and the lever arm that rides the cam on the old one is a couple of inches longer than the new one. Two questions, #1 does that matter? #2 when I put the new one or the old one back in is there a procedure to follow, meaning does the the arm click in to something or is it just slide in and bolt down the housing? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

You will probably have to confirm what engine you have in order to get the correct fuel pump for it. The length of that arm does make a difference.

:agree:
LG

I'm assuming you have a F-134 if the original is a single action fuel pump with a sediment bowl (glass). Most likely the original pump was an AC pump. If so the factory used 3 different models with different pump rocker arm lengths. Some pumps required a block spacer as well.

If the original pump is an AC model the model number can be found stamped onto the forward edge of the mounting flange.

Installing the fuel pump: made sure the fuel pump and block surfaces are clean. Position the fuel pump on the block so the cam lever of the pump rest on the fuel pump cam.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks