Hei part number

Hei part number

driver007

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 cj5 304 v8, 300 Dana,model 30 Dana and model 20 AMC rear end
I am finally going to put in a new distributor in my 76 CJ5 258. I am having trouble with the factory set up. I do not seem to be able to get a distributor up here in my area. Thus I probably have to order it in from the USA. I will be in ND in the spring. They have most of the car part places there. Could someone give me the parts number to a hei that would work in my 258. And part number for the gear that is needed for it. It is my understanding that you have to be careful with the hardness of the gear. Not looking to put a high performance msd box and all the bells and whistles in just a straight forward distributor change. any help would be a blessing.

I picked mine up from Skip White. Got it on Ebay for around $65 including shipping, and it works great. Simple 1 wire installation (2 wires if you want to run a tachometer). AMC Jeep CJ5 CJ7 304 360 401 V 8 Hei Distributor 8512 R | eBay

AMC engines are known for eating mismatched distributor drive gears. I swapped the gear from my old distributor onto the Skip White unit, and have had no problems.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks