Heater Relay Upgrade Wiring install for cj7

Hook it up like your cj is a S-10 :notworthy:

I didn't read that far, what you want to bet the s-10 has a bad ground? OK chick, we are going to need some close ups of the back of the switch and the inside of that resistor board. Need to know if it is a three speed switch. There has to be an off some place, you may notice that it is a completely different switch on the s-10. and we need to know how many different resistors you have. This is more fun by the minute.:D

Look at post #22 for diagram

I didn't read that far, what you want to bet the s-10 has a bad ground? OK chick, we are going to need some close ups of the back of the switch and the inside of that resistor board. Need to know if it is a three speed switch. There has to be an off some place, you may notice that it is a completely different switch on the s-10. and we need to know how many different resistors you have. This is more fun by the minute.:D

I'm confused! :confused:
I haven't tested my heater wiring yet... So, I don't know if it will work at all....

Perhaps, someone thread stole? :ww: friend..

:laugh:

can't imagine needing a relay, if you upgraded to the 3 way switch for the dash, then all you need is to plug it into the 3 prong receptacle on the heater.. the resistor pack does the rest.. by switching input signal to each leg, it goes through a different resistor set to change the speeds of the fan/motor..

9k=
K6lTsO1Ra3AkpkUvw7dOYOlhcfYW8A4-z3BEhE5gg4fvMAK1nA.jpg
images

Which of these windshield wiper/heater switches is correct? Got an 86 CJ7 and PO left me with no switches windshield/heat....what are the differences and can any of them be used for either switch?

Plus, does this
images
just screw on?

the wiper switch is also a push switch for the washer pump. On those two switches the trim ring screws on.:D

Sorry guys, I still don't follow. Again, first time I'm doing ANY wiring.....which of these 3 switches is for what? Or is recommended?

I understood you to say that you had two switches and did not know which went where. the wiper switch will be the one that you can push to make a set of contacts to power the washer pump.:D

Hey! I know this is an olddddd post.. .But wanted to let you all know my crazy relay idea worked and the heater works great! Probably didn't need a relay but makes me feel safer so I won't blow my switch and the relay only cost $7. The resistor on the other hand.. Cost a bit more... Won't say.. :(
All and all the relay, resistor worked perfect with the blazer blower motor... :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks