Heater Blower motor upgrade

Heater Blower motor upgrade

Dlowe

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1972 CJ5 - 258, T18, D20
So it sounds like the 73 Blazer motor upgrade is popular, one thread/build with pictures shows the blower motor extending into the engine compartment. Mine is under the dash directly in front of the passenger seat? Is the 73 motor still the ticket?

So it sounds like the 73 Blazer motor upgrade is popular, one thread/build with pictures shows the blower motor extending into the engine compartment. Mine is under the dash directly in front of the passenger seat? Is the 73 motor still the ticket?

Mine is under the dash too, But the fan motor sticks through the firewall.. yours doesn't??

Last edited:
No, the motor is facing the passenger seat. It all looks stock. If the 73 motor is the one it could be an easy install.

I am unfamiliar with your motor, but the 73 blazer motor is a direct replacement for my 79 CJ, aside from the motor being a bit larger in diameter. If no one else chimes in, you could order the motor from Advanced Auto, like I did, and bring yours in to compare them. Shaft diameter and length would need to be the same so your fan cage will fit. As far as the mounting flange of the fan to your heater box goes, as long as they are similar you can just remount it by drilling new holes, or using self tapping screws..

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks