Electrical Headlight upgrade question

Electrical Headlight upgrade question

SwampRatt

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7
304 V8
Got a 79 CJ7. Wiring is in pretty good shape. Got 14.5 volts to the headlight socket running, new alternator.
i have halogen headlights, Wagner I think. They are dim and yellowish, but I am used to more modern cars.
i would like to get more light but hate the led light look. Are there any conventional headlights or conventional looking led lights that would help “light up my life”?

TIA

Zenon bulbs in headlight housings that allow bulb changing are a lot brighter, but you can't really see any difference when using highbeam as the low part seems to be as bright, I used them on motorcycle builds but they don't seem to hold up very well, I also use Halogen, I plan on some lower spotlight/fog white fog lights below the bumper for added light and being below the bumper I can aim them as not to blind oncoming traffic without turning them off.

And if you really want to upgrade your headlights add a relay harness in too.

*I will tell you that this isn't exactly plug and play and requires a little wiring knowledge, but it makes a HUGE difference.*

Before investing time and money, run a heavy gauge jumper from the battery+ post to the + lead on the light socket with your engine running and headlights on. You might want to do the same on the negative lead from a solid ground. Switch the jumper on and off. I hope you like the brightness difference that makes, because that’s all you are getting. If you don’t, keep looking for the right set of headlamps. Been through it all.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks