Has anyone put the blinkers on the fenders of a CJ?

Has anyone put the blinkers on the fenders of a CJ?

ColoradoCJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Current - 1978 J20 401 auto, 1981 CJ7 304 5 speed and 2007 JK Uunlimited Rubicon all running 35" or 37" tires
Previous -1979 CJ7, 1984 CJ7, 1984 CJ7, 1997 TJ, 1990 YJ
With my new Smittybilt XRC bumper and winch (covered) you can barely see the blinkers. Has anyone ever relocated them to the fender or bumper and made them look good? I have a 79 CJ7 all fiberglass body btw.

When I got my '79 CJ5 the front turn signals didn't work. Problem was the light sockets. Replacements cost a bit more than I was expecting. I bought marker lights and mounted them on my fenders. In the bright sunlight I think people have trouble seeing them flash. If I were to do it over I think tinted marker lights would have worked better. When the sun shines on them it looks like they are always on. If I had tinted lights I think there would be a bigger difference between off and on when the sun is bright.
winch_in_the_rain__small.jpg

I have a set of fenders that I am pretty sure came off a postal truck. It has about 4" square marker/turns on the fenders with a little guard over them for protection. Not the prettiest things, but I guess they worked.

I mounted some extra turn signal lights to the sides of my winch plate beside the winch. I used small motorcycle turn signals, very bright even in sunlight.

Last edited:
I just ordered that set and will add a pic when they come in and I get them installed.

here is a pic of were I mounted lights.

Very nice, your normal blinkers are as hidden as mine so this seems like the simple solution. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited:
warn used to offer a set of lights to mount on the winch mount plate. some winch packages came with this.:cool:
ancient history, water powered 8K warn winch.:laugh::laugh:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks