has anyone ever seen or heard of these.

has anyone ever seen or heard of these.

jeeper1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1975 cj-5,stock with 2'' lift. 304 engine with headers,motocraft 2100 2 bl carb,3 speed trans,
Last edited:
Ive seen that brought up over on the Scrambler site. I like the FC series so Ive checked alot of threads and pics on them. I think my favorite is still the Marine version. :cool:

i just saw an article published on another site so i thought i'd see if anybody has any other info about them.i'm not sure how much information was ever printed about these but it looks like it would be awsume to drive or just to look at.sorry if this post isn't in the correct place.The FC-150 van – now in color! | Hemmings Blog: Classic and collectible cars and parts

They made a 150 and a 170 (longer wheelbase). They were based off of Jeep frames and they made several styles, vans, utility's, flatbeds, etc. The military, mainly the Navy and Marine Corp used a good many of them, some even as ambulances.

That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen on 4 wheels! That would be the absolute coolest thing to drive. I did not know there was a van.:D

Dam your memory is failing. Remember the Olive Drab one I posted? guess I have to search now. ;)

That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen on 4 wheels! That would be the absolute coolest thing to drive. I did not know there was a van.:D

I would so drive that. They only made 3 of the vans.

I must find one, seen a few FC trucks never a van.

I can see it now, lifted, 44"s, laying on it's side cause it fell over on a turn.

Wait a tic, Introduced in 1956, FC-150 models used the frame and wheelbase of the CJ5 81 in (210 cm) with a 78 in (200 cm) bed. In 1958, the FC-150 received a new, wider chassis. Its track was widened from 48 in (120 cm) to 57 in (140 cm).

I'm wondering if they kept the same wheelbase?

A wider CJ, split the body then fill in the gap. Man people would be like WTF?!?!

Look up the M678 Jeep

Also the 2012 FC concept:
2012JeepMightyFCConceptFrtSml.jpg

Last edited:
your right about the memory but all I remember was a truck with a canvas cover on the back.:D

Dam your memory is failing. Remember the Olive Drab one I posted? guess I have to search now. ;)

I'll have to go through my pics tonite.
your right about the memory but all I remember was a truck with a canvas cover on the back.:D

Wait a tic, Introduced in 1956, FC-150 models used the frame and wheelbase of the CJ5 81 in (210 cm) with a 78 in (200 cm) bed. In 1958, the FC-150 received a new, wider chassis. Its track was widened from 48 in (120 cm) to 57 in (140 cm).

I'm wondering if they kept the same wheelbase?
Yes, best I can tell. They switched to 44 axles front and rear and outboarded the springs. The issue was it would roll easily and when empty, could flip end over end going down steep hills.
The FC-170 had a 103 1/2" wheelbase with a 63" track. It used a frame similar to the Willy's truck but with outboarded springs.

Dont worry my memory isnt the greatest either , hence the late reply. :D

m678.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks