Hardtop Lift Gat Handle

Hardtop Lift Gat Handle

ThisGuyUKnow

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Laredo 4.0,Nv3550,D300 Twin Stick,AMC20 3.31, 31 BFG
Honda vtx1800c
I got a wooden frame a guy built for practically free that is meant to mimick the hard top storage dollys you see on Quadratec for like 150 bucks. His was for a tj and since it isnt metal tubing, the lift gate handle is in the way to set the top on the rig. How hard is it to remove/reinstall the handle? I am thinking it may be better to pull the handle rather than cutting the wood and possibly insulting the strentgh of the frame.

It's easy, there is four screws on the inside when you remove them that square piece comes off and you will see the two nut that hold the outside handle on.

It's easy, there is four screws on the inside when you remove them that square piece comes off and you will see the two nut that hold the outside handle on.

Yep took me only a couple minutes, of course both bolts fell into the interior. The frame tho.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks