Hard top height

Hard top height

yellow85cj

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7, 258,4.0 head, T177, D300, Dana 30, AMC 20, 3.54
Could someone with a hard top on give me a measurement from the top of the roll bar to the inside bottom of the top?

Trying to figure out if it will fit in the garage before I drag it out and put it on.

The FSM says it's only a tenth of an inch higher with the hardtop. I have trouble believing that. Even with thinking the weight of the top would compress the springs a bit.

Only have about 3 inches of clearance now.

Lol that’s pretty close clearances

Sent from my kitchen using Tapatalk

Just went and measured mine, from the inner surface of the top to the top surface of the roll bar padding is about 1/2". The roll bar cover/padding is at least 1/4" thick, so I would say its at least 3/4" from inner surface of top to top of roll bar on mine.

They are probably saying the 1/10 inch difference, because although the hard top does look like it sticks up higher than the soft top, the middle bow on the softop sits pretty high as well. I would say if you can put it in the garage with a soft top installed and the middle bow clears ok, it will likely fit with the hard top.

You can always air your tires down to 5-6 psi if you need a little more clearance.:)

Thanks Pistoldave.

Might just make it into the garage. Now to smooth talk a couple of neighbors to help get it out of the back yard and on the CJ. :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks