Gun or Cash Raffle to Benefit My National Guard Unit

Gun or Cash Raffle to Benefit My National Guard Unit

ThisGuyUKnow

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Laredo 4.0,Nv3550,D300 Twin Stick,AMC20 3.31, 31 BFG
Honda vtx1800c
Hopefully I do not get slapped on the wrist by the moderators for this for this. I'm not trying in anyway to start a discussion on the merits of gun ownership in this country.

My Pennsylvania Army National Guard Unit ,2-104th Cavalry. Is having a gun raffle drawing in September. It will work like this: Tickets are 10 dollars each, you can buy as many as you want (wink wink). Starting September 1 there will be a drawing every day until the end of the month. There is a different weapon raffled on each day (I will include a list below). If your ticket is chosen then you have the option of accepting the weapon being raffled that day OR you can choose to simply take the cash value listed next to the firearms in the attached list (the cash option is not the complete value of these weapons but is reflective of the over all value of the particular weapon from that day).

I spoke with our guys running this and they said there should be no issue for out of state residents, so long as you can legally own a firearm and are willing to pay the shipping and FFL transfer fees at a local gun shop that can recieve it.

All the money raised from this raffle goes to pay off the cost of the weapons being raffled then the rest goes straight into our Cavalry Mess fund. The money in that fund is used to help pay for social events that we put on, paying for the costs of events so that our younger soldiers can afford to participate in the Cavalry traditions. Also the money is used to support our Soldiers in the event they have any sort of medical or financial crisis at home. We try to help our own and unfortunately we have to get the money to do that somewhere.

Its a really cool raffle. If you like guns, there are some very nice ones being raffled that you would be silly to pass up a 10 dollar chance to get one. If you are not a fan of firearms, I still emplore you consider purchasing a ticket because the money goes to a good cause and helps the unit go above and beyond our "weekend a month", as I stated if you win you could always elect to take the cash buy out.

That's my speel. Since elementary school I have never participated in a fund raiser cause I hate trying to sell people garbage. This unit is by far the best National Guard unit I have served in and I feel the prizes are worthy and I believe in what the money is going to.

I'll get off my soap box now. Mods, if this subject is too risque, against the policies, or just simply to close to a hot button political topic, feel free to delete it and I apologize in advance it certaintly wasn't my intend to stir up trouble.

If anyone is interested please feel free to PM me

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont remove this post cause I think you worded everything very well. :chug:. I also think its a very worthy cause and I'll take a ticket. :) How many tickets are being sold?

I wont remove this post cause I think you worded everything very well. :chug:. I also think its a very worthy cause and I'll take a ticket. :) How many tickets are being sold?

I don't know how many are being sold, if you want to raise your chances I suggest you buy more than one ;-).

Pm me and I'll give you the info.

You can post the info, I'm all for this raffle.

Cash, Check, or money order made out to the 2-104 Cavalry Mess Association.

Send me your name number and address and payment and I will mail you back your ticket stub. If you want one PM me and Ill give you my address.

I also think it's a worthwhile cause.

The General Terms & Conditions at Home - 2-104th Cavalry Mess Association Store aren't filled out.

Can civilians purchase items to support the Ghost Riders, or is that for guardsmen only?

If calalrymess.com is open to the public, and someone purchases the "28th Infantry Division Blanket" does the profit go to support your unit?

Thanks for letting us know about the raffle and thanks for you service!

-Jon

I also think it's a worthwhile cause.

The General Terms & Conditions at Home - 2-104th Cavalry Mess Association Store aren't filled out.

Can civilians purchase items to support the Ghost Riders, or is that for guardsmen only?

If calalrymess.com is open to the public, and someone purchases the "28th Infantry Division Blanket" does the profit go to support your unit?

Thanks for letting us know about the raffle and thanks for you service!

-Jon

The cavalry Mess website you linked is owned by the unit and all the swag there goes to the Unit. Of course any one can buy our swag! I am pretty sure the 28th ID blanket sales benefit us but I can ask the NCO that heads up the swag store. Just to be sure you could always just get a 2-104th blanket ;).

You might want to also ask if selling the raffle tickets on the swag site is a bad idea. :)

-Jon

You might want to also ask if selling the raffle tickets on the swag site is a bad idea. :)

-Jon

If they did that then I wouldn't get any kudos for making sales! I'm a new LT to the unit so anything I can do to get the LTC to notice me in a good Light :D

You want one?

If they did that then I wouldn't get any kudos for making sales! I'm a new LT to the unit so anything I can do to get the LTC to notice me in a good Light :D

You want one?

PM sent

-Jon

Lol thanks! Actually I'm not a met LT to the army just to my unit. I just transferred last year. I'm so a 1LT currently

Big thanks to Jdcaples for his support! I will pick his tickets up next Thursday. jdcaplesjdcaples

If you want your LTC to notice you, someone should recommend a gathering - whenever sales cease - to announce winners for

1) Most tickets sold &
2) Most tickets sold to a single person

:)

-Jon

If you want your LTC to notice you, someone should recommend a gathering - whenever sales cease - to announce winners for

1) Most tickets sold &
2) Most tickets sold to a single person

:)

-Jon

They are doing that actually. Lets put it this way every 25 tickets a soldier sells they get 1 free entry. One of our guys got 12 free entries!

anyone else want some entries? We have until August to get tickets!

Cash, Check, or money order made out to the 2-104 Cavalry Mess Association.

Send me your name number and address and payment and I will mail you back your ticket stub. If you want one PM me and Ill give you my address.

Pm me your address. Slipped my mind. :eek:

Hope you enjoy that tactical shotgun JD

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks