GM HEI Swap

GM HEI Swap
I think this is more of a deal with the V8 than the 258.

LG, I luckily don't have to deal with SMOG. So no worries there. I am purchasing a spare GM module and coil to keep in the Jeep. I have some history with hei's and had modules fail on me. There is abdolutely nothing you can do except replace them and when they go, they just go no warning.

The only complaint on the wires are the fit at the cap, and very well could be the male tips on the cap and not the wires. But a pair of pliers fixed that issue for now.

All in all, the conversion went great. Gave me a reason to pull the wiring harness in the engine bay apart and inspect. Put it back in a new loom. All looked good. I did fined my main power wire from my alternator had a compromised wire. It was pretty bad but had I not done the conversion, it would have eventually failed on me. It's fixed now. Used weather proof butt connectors throuout also.

Test that spare module before you need it-I have seen some DOA out of the box.
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks