Garage heater setups

Garage heater setups
See that's what's so confusing. I've done all that. New controller unit, transformer is only about 6-7 years old but does arc, though I don't recall how strong the arc is. The nozzle is new and the electrodes have been adjusted, contacts cleaned. The whole nozzle/electrode assembly has been cleaned. The pump is pumping, at least when I open the bleed nozzle. When you close it, normally that's when it sends it to the nozzle and it fires up but that's not happening. I know what the elec. eye does once it's running/fired but I didn't know if it plays a part prior to then, which by the sounds of it does not. So this is why I'm baffled. I'll have to check the arc strength again and I'll remove all the exhaust pipe and check for obstructions, but it was during last winter season when it suddenly stopped working so It isn't like a bee's nest could have gotten built in the off season.

Nonetheless I need to get it fixed but it can now wait till time allows since I got that HERO propane heater. It works well.
And speaking of, I ran across this same heater in Cabela's for $195.95, plus I found another pricing sticker on the box from when it was first marked down from $189.98 to $119.98, so I got a great deal for $49.98.

See that's what's so confusing. I've done all that. New controller unit, transformer is only about 6-7 years old but does arc, though I don't recall how strong the arc is. The nozzle is new and the electrodes have been adjusted, contacts cleaned. The whole nozzle/electrode assembly has been cleaned. The pump is pumping, at least when I open the bleed nozzle. When you close it, normally that's when it sends it to the nozzle and it fires up but that's not happening. I know what the elec. eye does once it's running/fired but I didn't know if it plays a part prior to then, which by the sounds of it does not. So this is why I'm baffled. I'll have to check the arc strength again and I'll remove all the exhaust pipe and check for obstructions, but it was during last winter season when it suddenly stopped working so It isn't like a bee's nest could have gotten built in the off season.

Nonetheless I need to get it fixed but it can now wait till time allows since I got that HERO propane heater. It works well.
And speaking of, I ran across this same heater in Cabela's for $195.95, plus I found another pricing sticker on the box from when it was first marked down from $189.98 to $119.98, so I got a great deal for $49.98.

I'd really check for a strong arc at the transformer. Also, does it make any different grinding noise when you hit the reset? It's not rare that you could have a weak coupler from the motor to the pump, and when you bleed it, it will look like its pumping, but not enough to push 100-140 psi through the nozzle if it is slipping. They are plastic, with caps on each end for each shaft. I like to take it out, and grab each cap and twist to see if it slips. It's hard to get a look in there, but if you can, I look for white dust around the caps, or the hole in the cap where it goes into the shaft gets rounded. Just something to look for, a real possibility. If you find the problem and have trouble getting the parts, let me know.

The forecast for today is warm with a small chance of spilled beer. Fired it up last night and had to dial it back at 64. I was sweating. It was high 40's yesterday so not that impressive. It's going down to single digits over. The weekend. Let's see how it does.

0b6e78e6ac26bd21ded6aa8abc8866db_zpsafaff166.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The forecast for today is warm with a small chance of spilled beer. Fired it up last night and had to dial it back at 64. I was sweating. It was high 40's yesterday so not that impressive. It's going down to single digits over. The weekend. Let's see how it does.

0b6e78e6ac26bd21ded6aa8abc8866db_zpsafaff166.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice install job, and 60000 should work just fine for 750 sq. ft. Your going to like that when it gets cold.:chug:

NICE setup you have there...

I have a Coleman forced air heater hooked to an outdoor propane tank with a 20' hose. Does a good job in my 2-car garage.

140.jpg

Is your oil tank above ground? Make sure their is no moisture in the tank or the oil filter. If you have any more questions I do Heating and A/C for a living.

Now that's great engineering. I ran across that pic years ago LOL. Really the only problem with that is they're trying to run the heat down hill. Just joking. The only problem with that is everything.................:eek:

I'll bet he/she has a Binford B-2000 inline turbo fan mounted in that bad boy!:D

I have a 28x32 garage that I use a propane furnace that our service department saved when the replaced someone's house furnace. It works great can have the garage up to working temp in about 5 minutes, takes about 10 to get it up to sitting around having a beer temp. And that is when it is 10 degrees out here in the middle of winter in Iowa. A good place to check for cheep used furnaces for a garage or shop is your local heating and cooling shops. Lots of times people upgrade to a higher efficiency furnace so the ones the take out are not the newest best thing out but work great for a shop. Don't need duct in a shop just a plenum on top to point it out. I just built a 2x4 and plywood shelf up out of the way in the corner, hung a cheep thermostat on the wall next to it and away you go.

It's cold up here ..-39c with the wind yesterday..I use one of those cannon heaters 35-75 btus..takes about 10 mins to get warm ...then I turn it off..I turn my 230v shop heater than hangs up in the corner..looks like a little gas furnace on it has 3-4-5000 watt setting..fans not super strong..but I leave that on..I'll feel the temp drop a bit but after an hour or so the heater will bring it up and maintain..I was going to go all gas but the cost was crazy to have it installed..2000 dollars...I got the electric one for under 200 with wire and breaker..and got the propane one free..so I'm happy

I use a big torpedo heater in my 48x60 here in Pa. I'll run 3-4 gallons of off road diesel mixed with 1-2 gallon of waste oil to keep down the cost.

Old Fisher stove from the 70s. It the same vintage as my Jeeps and it heats up the 30x40 garage in about 30 min.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks