Fuel Vapor Vent Lines

Fuel Vapor Vent Lines

65reissue

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 Jeep CJ5 - Renegade - 304 w/3 spd - pretty stock at the moment.
Hey guys...I am going to put a new fuel tank in soon. I have the tank and all my lines. I have noticed a few pictures where people have basically blocked off the 2 vapor vents on the tank by just putting 1 piece of hose between the 2...if that makes sense?? Rather than going up to the liquid check valve. Is there any benefit to this? Or the purpose? I'm not to saavy on any of this. So any help or advise is appreciated. thanks...

If you do not vent for the fuel tank a vacumn will develop as the fuel is pumped out and make it difficult for the fuel pump to operate correctly. I have tested my rollover valve and it works quite well.

The gas tank vent is kind of important in the grand scheme of things as is the rollover check valve. If you roll over the check valve will stop the gas from leaking out and starting a fire. Without the tank vent there is no way to equalize the pressure between inside of the tank and out.

Ok...thanks guys. I appreciate it. I didn't know if the big vent hose by the filler hose was enough to vent it or not. Just wondering after seeing a few examples where they had disabled to 2 small vent holes just wondered if there was something to that that I was missing. Again...thanks for the help. Will hook it back up the way it was.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks