Fuel tank vapor vent lines

Fuel tank vapor vent lines

splntrp

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 with D44 rear, D30 front, D300 transfer case, 4.2L
I recently had to replace the vapor vent lines and I am continually having leaks from the hoses now. The PO had spliced two different sized hoses together instead of buying the proper hose and then over the years his fix dry rotted.
At the time I didn't know what the plastic container that they went to was and neither did the local auto parts store so I found some hose that would work on the bigger end and hoped for the best. Long story short it didn't last long.
So now that I'm a little more educated, thanks to the forum, I have to order the proper hoses and put it all back together, but I'm curious as to how the system works. From what I have read the two vent hoses go to the liquid check valve to stop liquid from getting in the charcoal canister. Then from the liquid check valve it goes into the roll over check valve to keep from sending fumes to the charcoal canister in case of roll over. Is that correct?
Is there anything inside the liquid check valve or roll over check valve that I could get into to clean or rework while I have it out?
Does anyone have a picture of how they are mounted inside the wheel well so that I can make sure they are back in the proper place? Mine is a big jumbled up mess.

Thanks. I found the pictures from the maniual earlier that you referenced, I was hoping for an actual picture to show where and how it was supposed to look.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks