Fuel tank sending unit

Fuel tank sending unit

weithman5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj-7 renegade (original owner)
e1bd0005294ce61fa3d5f892f278b42c.jpg75e7ae05169ae250d9f4b8b8f8746f84.jpg

Original tank and I plan on removing the old sending unit to put in a new one with electric fuel pump. Does that large plastic nut hold everything in? Any tips and is it worth replacing those rollover vent check valves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the large nut holds everything in. Pretty sure it just turns like a quarter turn. Been a long time since i've fooled with one.

I just replaced mine. Yep what he said, pretty straightforward. If you buy the kit, it comes with a new nut and o-ring. I did not replace my vents because they looked happy. I replaced all the hoses too. Damn mice built a condo on top of the tank and feasted on the fuel line and ate through the sending unit wires also...

I just replaced mine. Yep what he said, pretty straightforward. If you buy the kit, it comes with a new nut and o-ring. I did not replace my vents because they looked happy. I replaced all the hoses too. Damn mice built a condo on top of the tank and feasted on the fuel line and ate through the sending unit wires also...

Thanks and ouch. Squirrels chewed through my daughter's spark plug wires once....

What did you use for a wrench? I'm thinking an oil filter wrench but I will have to find one bigger than what I have.

05531a0bc5e36c1b7909a0c83908e933.jpg
3af52d61f29bf3afe6120e7b9876e847.jpg

Buddy had a large wrench he used for hot tub plumbing. Lot of sludge after 35 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a strap wrench.
That's rust more than sludge.
Put some solvent in that tank along with a handful of marbles, and shake the :dung: out of it.
LG

That's ugly. I'm guessing you have been guessing how much fuel you had? :)

A pipe wrench works too...

Yes. But it has been a few years since its been driven. Complete restoration in progress. Make that slow progress.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks